My Osmo worked during 5 minutes only :(
1111 16 2016-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ced007
lvl.1

Switzerland

Just bought the OSMO yesterday to a local dealer here in Switzerland, I was pretty excited to test it.
I fully charged the battery and followed the activation steps successfully. After connecting my S6 Edge +, I started playing with the OSMO, but 5 min later: No more live video previen in my phone' screen!
I can take pictures and record videos but I cannot see anything.
I tried several things:
- Re-install the DJI GO app + reset the DJI camera and gimball, but same problem.
- Use of another smarphone, a galaxy S5, but same problem.
- I downloaded the latest driver, put it in the SD card, update worked fine (green led at the end + correct bip sound + correct log file), but problem still there.

This morning I went back to my local shop, we tried again with the iPhone of the seller, same problem.

They took the Osmo back and we opened an incident ticket.

I'm sure it will take ages before I receive back the Osmo fixed, or a new one.

I'm really upset...
2016-2-4
Use props
bigmouth.kwok
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Same problem with me. I finally bought a new SD card, try more 20 times before I success to upgrade the firmware.
Good luck & hope they return it back to you soon.
2016-2-4
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Your dealer should have exchanged it for you.  Poor customer service!
2016-2-4
Use props
Ced007
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thank you,
The problem doesn't seem to be related to the upgrade because it happened before I tried to update the firmware.
I hoped the firmware update could fix this but it did not, even if I was able to do the upgrade without any problem.

I had already ordered a few accessories, I hope I will not regret it.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for all the trouble caused! If there's anything we can do for you here, please just ask. Thanks!
2016-2-4
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I would have asked for my money back and bought another one
2016-2-5
Use props
Ced007
lvl.1

Switzerland

Alastair Posted at 2016-2-4 15:46
Your dealer should have exchanged it for you.  Poor customer service!

Unfortunately they didn't have any other Osmo, it's not a dealer specialized in that kind of products, I had to wait 1 week before receiving mine.
I hesitated between buying online directly on DJI website or locally (prices are the same) but don't regret buying locally now that I have a problem, this way the dealer is handling it. I just hope their process will not take too much time.
2016-2-5
Use props
Ced007
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-5 04:11
Sorry for all the trouble caused! If there's anything we can do for you here, please just ask. Thank ...

Thank you DJI-Adela.
2016-2-5
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Ced007 Posted at 2016-2-5 08:09
Unfortunately they didn't have any other Osmo, it's not a dealer specialized in that kind of produc ...

Ah, that's different.  At least they were willing to rectify the problem.
2016-2-5
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

I feel your pain, but buying it directly wasnt really better. But there is always a risk a device can malfunction. It's a strange behaviour that after 5 minutes it stops working. Did your fan spin up or not? Could be a overheated camera, the fan needs to cool the electronics and if that doesn't happen it overheats.
2016-2-5
Use props
carlosamuelian
New

United Arab Emirates

i bought mine also yesterday and was excited for just first few minutes. had exactly the same issue in the post and tried everything. returning it tomorrow from where i bought it. honestly hoping to get back "cash" as i am disappointed with the osmo. DJI should remain with drones only.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-5 21:06
I would have asked for my money back and bought another one

That won't be the worst decision!
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ced007 Posted at 2016-2-5 21:09
Unfortunately they didn't have any other Osmo, it's not a dealer specialized in that kind of produc ...

I hope so.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

carlosamuelian Posted at 2016-2-6 04:10
i bought mine also yesterday and was excited for just first few minutes. had exactly the same issue  ...

Sorry for the frustration! I hope you'll find the best solution for the trouble. As a company, I think DJI will keep delivering better and creative products to the world but not just marking time. There's no perfect thing, when a new thing comes out, we may always encounter lots of troubles, but only if we keep trying and improving, everything won't be a trouble all the time. Thanks for your support and cooperation! Anyway, if you have any problem, please feel free to post here, we'll try to help you fix it.
2016-2-5
Use props
Ced007
lvl.1

France

J C D Posted at 2016-2-5 19:04
I feel your pain, but buying it directly wasnt really better. But there is always a risk a device ca ...

Yes I heard the fan running, several times and very loud... Maybe too much than expected and that's related to the problem.
2016-2-6
Use props
Ced007
lvl.1

France

DJI-Adela, I have a question for you.
Do you have different versions of the OSMO, technically speaking? Did you modified some hardware since the OSMO when out last year, based on problems that happend to users. i.e. if a wifi card is faulty you start replacing it since a specific period.
2016-2-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Ced007 Posted at 2016-2-6 17:15
DJI-Adela, I have a question for you.
Do you have different versions of the OSMO, technically speak ...

Hi, thanks for your concern! Based on the customer's feedback and to improve the user's using experience, our engineers are working hard to improve the Osmo. News about the update or modification has not been released, so I'll just wait for that together with you, please just pay attention to DJI official website for the new update. Thanks again!
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules