Lightbridge Question
897 4 2016-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johngalt02
New

United States

Greetings , I have a question regarding the "unconventional" use of lightbridge . Has anyone ever used the lightbridge system to get extended wifi range only on a non-aerial mounted camera such as a GoPro ? I'm interested in streaming some video from a boat offshore back to a land-based computer . Thanks in advance . JG
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think that would work. Lightbridge is 2.4 and encrypted and your GoPro is just a open WIFi source and it wouldn't work as an extender.
But, you can totally make it work as a stand alone unit. Just plug your GoPro  into the Lightbridge TX via micro HDMI and the RX into your monitor/TV via mini HDMI. Power up both TX and RX and you've got long range secutiry system video.http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/l ... art_Guide_v1.06.pdf
2016-2-4
Use props
JohnGalt
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 12:39
I don't think that would work. Lightbridge is 2.4 and encrypted and your GoPro is just a open WIFi s ...

Thank you for your response DJI-Ken although you've left me somewhat confused . You said that "it won't work as an extender , but will work stand alone " . I guess I fail to see the difference between the two . Perhaps I used the wrong terminology . I am , admittedly , not much of a hardware person . The diagram in the first link you posted would seem to do exactly what I want as long as I could substitute a GoPro or similar action video camera in place of the drone .

The only seemingly obvious problem , to a neophyte like
me anyway , would be how to power the transmitter attached to the GoPro , but that doesn't seem insurmountable . Any clarification from your end on how I may be misunderstanding your explanation of my situation is very welcome . Thank you

PS: Assuming that my understanding is correct and the GoPro could be made to use Lightbridge , how many different Camera/Lightbridge combos could transmit in the same area at the same time without interference ?

2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnGalt Posted at 2016-2-5 02:58
Thank you for your response DJI-Ken although you've left me somewhat confused . You said that "i ...

I was meaning the GoPro's WiFi does not work with Lightbridge so that's what i meant by an extension of it's WiFi. You would just turn off the WiFi on the GoPro.
There's two AV inputs on the TX, one micro MDMI and a with a 2.5mm plug for older GoPro or a different camera.
Here is the manual so you can see how everything hooks up. It takes a 3s to 6s battery (12-24v) and comes with an XT60 connector so that's how you would poser it.
You need a different power source for the camera if you want longer than the battery lasts.
You can use multiple Lightbridge systems BUT at the cost of 1k each that would be quite an expensive surveillance system.
http://store.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge
2016-2-4
Use props
JohnGalt
New

United States

Thank you DJI-Ken .
2016-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules