Inspire case - IATA hand luggage compliant?
2743 8 2015-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paras
lvl.2

Spain

Quite a simple question, do you know if the case can be carried inside the cabin?
It seems not as standard IATA hand luggage must be smaller than 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm

If not, how do you plan on travelling with the inspire? the idea of checking-in the case is a no go in my opinion.

Thanks
2015-1-4
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

It needs to be checked in. Get a custom hard case if checking it in bothers you.
2015-1-5
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-6 02:07
It needs to be checked in. Get a custom hard case if checking it in bothers you.

It won't fit inside a custom case anyways so flying with it on board will be difficult.
2015-1-5
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

There's a thread here somewhere showing that the case will fit in a standard overhead bin. That doesn't mean it's compliant though, and I think you'd have to take the risk of getting to the aircraft door and being told it has to go in the hold (if you got it that far).
2015-1-5
Use props
Markdesrosiers
New

United States

Who makes hard travel case that will transport the inspire in travel mode?
2015-1-11
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... ight_hard_case.html
2015-1-11
Use props
nadeemshaikh
lvl.1

India

I am planning to travel to Bali via Singapore and was wondering the same thing. My Inspire 1 is waiting in Singapore and I will be traveling via jetstar. I am planning to buy a hardcase and checking the Inspire 1 as a worst case scenario. I am just trying to figure out the size of the hard case
2015-1-12
Use props
Markdesrosiers
New

United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-12 15:26
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1101320-REG/go_professional_cases_gpc_dji_inspire_watertight_h ...

This case doesn't appear to be designed for the Inspire 1's flattened travel mode. Is go professional going to make a slimmer profile case?
2015-1-12
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

That's a good question for them to answer. I don't work for them, so I can't comment. I only shared the link because it's the only other case I'm aware of a this point in time.
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules