Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

@DJI

What is the status update with the development of Inspire Pro (X5) firmware?
There was a detailed post in december about issues with video focus, and there is also the issue with bitrates (PAL still not having the higher bitrate as NTSC already have), and possibly more.

I know the X5R is soon out, but we who purchased the X5, that was announced to be a huge upgrade, are still waiting for the basics to work months after the release.

Since this is just asking for the status of known bugs, and not new development, there should be no hinder to tell the community about the status of these needed fixes.
2016-2-5
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

hear hear to that
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

our engineers  are working on improvements. I have no exact dates yet
2016-2-5
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-6 04:45
our engineers  are working on improvements. I have no exact dates yet

Thank's Tim. Hopefully the update arrives soon, as the season begins up here.
2016-2-5
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

You won't get details OP.
DJI don't operate with transparency, they believe that they have to keep EVERYTHING secret (bugs, status, dates, fixes) to protect their IP. That is their call and we have to deal with it.

This includes the new faults that have been introduced along the way in updates we have all been through.
2016-2-5
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-6 08:31
You won't get details OP.
DJI don't operate with transparency, they believe that they have to keep E ...

No, not details. Not really expected to get detailed answers either (unfortunately). That is quite sad, to expect that also.

I do understand that new features are kept hush, hush (don't want the competition to snoop). And I understand dates about a fix is also kept in hush, hush, because it does not take much before that day can slip. A couple persons in the team get sick and days or weeks are lost.

Would a buyer of a Bugatti Veyron be content with the car doing a top speed of 90 km/hour? The seller saying "They are working on it, it might be fixed later?". Ok, the Inspire and X5 are not priced as a Veyron, but it is not priced as a small quad with a VGA camera that works as intended when you buy it, either. ;)

Having spent well over $9000 on DJI products over the years, I feel I can say that it is not ok to buy a product, then having to wait months for it to work as intended.

The support staff here are nice, and they to what they can do to answers and help us. The engineers and developers are nice, too, I know. New products are pushed, but there is not enough time to make it work as they should it seems. The sad thing is if it is made as default, to always make releases of products but they never work as announced. It is not the supports staff, neither the developers fault. It is the time frame the management sets out to the engineers and developers.

But I got to try to get answers. Maybe enough of the support staff push our questions upwards, and maybe someday the folks upstairs listen. It is never ok to release a product with the basics not working as it should.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules