Apple watch app???????
1741 9 2016-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soldi21
New

Peru

Hello community !! I leave this idea around here hoping someday to ... use the Apple Watch app with Follow Me
2016-2-5
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Don't you need the phone on you anyway for the watch to work?
2016-2-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-6 08:14
Don't you need the phone on you anyway for the watch to work?

You need the phone to get live data to the watch, so yes, you need the phone...
The watch is pretty muich a glorified mini ipod that is pretty much useless without the phone for anything other than as watch....
2016-2-5
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-6 13:24
You need the phone to get live data to the watch, so yes, you need the phone...
The watch is pretty ...

So if you have to have the phone on you any, what would be the point in having it follow the watch instead. I'm also guessing the GPS in the watch would not be as good as that in the phone
2016-2-5
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I think the key word here is 'someday', as in someday being able to use the watch as the follow me device.  So what that would entail is Apple putting GPS capability in the watch as that is what all Follow Me functions require as far as I can tell.
2016-2-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-6 09:36
So if you have to have the phone on you any, what would be the point in having it follow the watch ...

You will have to ask the OP, not my question and the screen is too small to see shit on it anyway...
Wish I could go back in time "pun intended" and get my money back, could damn near buy another Phantom for what I paid for that iOS piece of $hit!
2016-2-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

nrgwise Posted at 2016-2-6 09:56
I think the key word here is 'someday', as in someday being able to use the watch as the follow me d ...

Someday likely, but not likely for a few years as we would see it, for now, that watch is useless as tits on bull without the phone....
Get a friggin arm band and mount your phone to that...problem solved,,.and used your watch and an alarm to count down how many minutes you got left on your battery!
2016-2-5
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

I bought the LG G watch R, no regrets what so ever.  Before I ever wore one, I thought they where stupid, so I wore a new one for a day where I used to work that we were supposed to be putting on display, and bought it that evening.
2016-2-5
Use props
cacherjoe01
New
Flight distance : 157772 ft
Canada

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-5 17:36
So if you have to have the phone on you any, what would be the point in having it follow the watch instead. I'm also guessing the GPS in the watch would not be as good as that in the phone

The Apple Watch Series 2 has on board GPS.  The only way you could do it without the phone is if Bluetooth had a range greater than 30 feet.  That really is the limitation.  Interesting thought though.
2017-1-27
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It also works through wifi spots the iPhone already knows about even though the iPhone isn't present.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules