X5 Wide Angle Lens Compatibility
5989 5 2016-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Image Ten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1192697 ft
United States

From what I have read, the widest lens available for the X5 is 24mm (35mm equivelant).  Is this truely the case?  Dissapointing because for my Interior Real Estate work, 24mm just doesn't cut it.  I LOVE the idea of OSMO.  If I could get the X5 with a wide angle lens (max 20mm-35mm equiv) then I would truely be happy.  It would be life altering to say the least.  

Let me know if I'm missing something.  
2016-2-5
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wrong, the Olympus Zuiko 12mm is a great option. Or, if you get the Osmo, it comes with the same lens/camera as the X3, which is wider again. IMO if you're only shooting real estate material, then the X3 camera would be the perfect choice. No need for the X5, but that's just an opinion.
2016-2-5
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I have used the Osmo with X3 recently for a Model home shoot. I literally JUST completed it. 20MM is probably the most I could do for interior video (not to say I will not try the 12mm (24mm) olympus lens on my x5 when the adaptor is available) One lens im interested to try is the olympus 9-18mm Link here
yes, its a little slow (f/4 at 9mm) but is seems to be the only option. potential issue is the weight. it comes in at 155g vs 130g for the 12mm. But I have had to use a bunch of step up rings to get the 12mm balanced properly. (works well actually, custom lens hood) One day I may try the 9-18, but for now the x3 is doing what I need. The day I get my hands on the X5R (and the osmo to x5r mount) Ill be a happy camper.
2016-2-5
Use props
Image Ten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1192697 ft
United States

@rockliffe I am using the x3 right now on OSMO and it's working.  However, the dynamic range of the X5 and less noise is very attractive.  Like @gybo102, I cannot comfortably go higher than 20mm.  24 is really starting to limit my use.  The X3 has changed my life and the time that is spent on site which is very important to me, the agent, and the client.  Thank you for the information!
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your concern about DJI Zenmuse camera, here is the comparison among X3, X5 and X5R, please visit DJI official website: http://www.dji.com/products/compare-xcamera
2016-2-23
Use props
fansf086397c
lvl.1

gybo102 Posted at 2016-2-5 20:30
I have used the Osmo with X3 recently for a Model home shoot. I literally JUST completed it. 20MM is probably the most I could do for interior video (not to say I will not try the 12mm (24mm) olympus lens on my x5 when the adaptor is available) One lens im interested to try is the olympus 9-18mm Link here
yes, its a little slow (f/4 at 9mm) but is seems to be the only option. potential issue is the weight. it comes in at 155g vs 130g for the 12mm. But I have had to use a bunch of step up rings to get the 12mm balanced properly. (works well actually, custom lens hood) One day I may try the 9-18, but for now the x3 is doing what I need. The day I get my hands on the X5R (and the osmo to x5r mount) Ill be a happy camper.

Did you ever get the lens?
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules