Naza V2 compass MOD value too high, fluctuates wildly
4016 4 2015-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flimsy
New

United States

I'm having a very odd problem with my Naza on my DJI f450 that I can't find any record of anyone else encountering, but this forum seems like such a great compendium of knowledge that I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. The problem is that the compass MOD values on my Naza fluctuates wildly on startup before settling consistently at 31293.5, which is way out of the normal range. I've tried the degaussing procedure DJI recommends for the Phantom compass with no success. It seems like the magnet is having little if any effect, since the values continue to fluctuate wildly no matter how I move the magnet or how close the magnet is to the compass. Once the value hits 31293.5 it seems stuck there, and the only way to get it to change again is to run an advanced calibration or shut off the quad for a while. I've tried the calibration dance a number of times as well, but it always fails on the vertical rotation stage, which I believe is indication that the compass calibration is failing.

I've tried degaussing and calibrating in a number of different locations, including a campsite in the middle of the Everglades, so I think the odds of a strong magnetic field nearby causing the problem is very low, although my macbook pro is always nearby when I'm checking the MOD values.

My setup is:

f450 flame wheel frame with e300 motors and ESCs
frsky x8r receiver
gopro mounted to the bottom of the frame

2015-1-4
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi,
Any notifications from PC assistant software?
I suppose the compass (in GPS module) has malfunction and you could find support from your dealer.
2015-1-4
Use props
flimsy
New

United States

I get the ERROR[27] GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition.
2015-1-6
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I know this thread is stale and the OP has probably resolved this issue....but in case someone else comes along with he same issue....

Sometimes the problem is the compass itself and must be replaced.
2015-8-26
Use props
TRIDENTZ ANDRIE
New

Indonesia

flimsy Posted at 2015-1-6 09:40
I get the ERROR[27] GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition.

me too but after degausse with magnetic ex speaker arround the gps more and more with watching naza assistance software and see the mod campass coloum until it around 2456 solved the issue
2021-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules