Seeking Pilot to fly for payment
1007 5 2016-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

Hey all,

I just got my 333 exemption and want to legally fly commercially here in the Bay Area. As I am sure most of you know the PIC needs to hold a pilots license. I can't afford the time or cost of getting my own, so I am looking for someone willing to fly for my small production company.

Let me know what you would charge to use our Inspire 1 to fly for a few hours. We currently have 4 batteries, but will soon get 2 more. We have the duel controler set up using iPad mini's. We will do all of the planning and paperwork, you would just need to insure we are not in a no-fly zone, file the NOTAM, and fly the bird. We would be open to proposals for you using your own bird as well, but as per our exemption it must be an Inspire and it must be registered.

I will add your cost into proposals to clients so as long as it is a resonable price we should be able to get some work.

You can get in touch via my website's contact page. (the last time I checked, the pm function did't work on this forum). Website
2016-2-6
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Hopefully the FAA will address this issue soon.  having to hire a pilot to fly a RC craft LOS below 200' and away from people and structures is ridiculous.
IMO it adds an unnecessary cost and burden on the end user. this alone Hinders the potential technology.

Rumor has it,  that soon you will be able to take a written aeronautical knowledge test. (The sooner the better).
Good luck
2016-2-7
Use props
noaches232
lvl.2

United States

Good luck! I live in the East Coast so i am of no use to you.
2016-2-8
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.2

United States

http://www.wvfc.org/

^^^ Flight club in the Bay. I'm sure you'll find people there.
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a licensed private pilot (and also have an exemption) I would love to help you out (on weekends) and if you were closer.
I'm sure if you make a Craigslist post or call the flight schools in your area you may find someone.
Also, try droners.io they have a list of pilots and you can make a post there.
2016-2-8
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did the gentlemen I recommended  not work out?  He is from bay Area

***"  I think I may have a connection for you : His name is Cliff

website is   www.clifftraiman.com      He works in the film industry.  And an Inspire Pilot as well . If you want his phone number e mail me atdonaldjames1990@gmail.com

I dont know if he is available but his work looked amazing.  Seems like a real nice guy."

***From another thread, maybe you did not see it ?

Cheers donnie
Donnie
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules