A2 Abnormal Compass Warning WILL NOT CALIBRATE
4373 11 2016-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fromabovetx
New

United States

I have the A2 of course. I had the GPS Pro. I thought that was  the problem . I overnighted a GPS Pro Plus. with either compass, I get the abnormal compass data. The LED is flashing Green/Yellow. I am running 2.7. Please see picture. I must ship this from texas to Hawaii by Monday. Or I stand to lose Thousands of $$$$!!!!

A2Setup

A2Setup
A2_ScreenShot.jpg
2016-2-6
Use props
fromabovetx
New

United States

Also, Motors will not spool up in any mode. With or WITHOUT compass attached.
2016-2-6
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fromabovetx Posted at 2016-2-6 08:23
Also, Motors will not spool up in any mode. With or WITHOUT compass attached.

Hi, I have a friend over in Bulgaria that has the flashing green/yellow but his copter flies...maybe between both of you, maybe compare notes? Here is his link and video...please keep us advised if you solve it and what it was.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-40933-1-1.html  I've also asked a coulple of friends to see if they could weigh in...hopefully they can get an answer to you before you lose your filming.
2016-2-6
Use props
fromabovetx
New

United States

Thank you. I have found that if I orient the IMU left or right versus straight forward the compass will calibrate. This however makes the motors spin in a very odd manner. Even configured correctly in the assistant software. The motors go crazy. I think it is a bad IMU. I have changed to a wookong that i have but fear I don't have enough channels with it.
2016-2-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fromabovetx what are your mod values for the IMU?
2016-2-7
Use props
fromabovetx
New

United States

All of the values are set at 0. If that is what you are asking  
2016-2-7
Use props
fromabovetx
New

United States

I take that back. We are positive 1cm on the X. That is it. Should that be a negative since the IMU is at the front of the A/C ?
2016-2-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, please try the following method:
1) Connect to assistant software and check whether the control mode reflects correctly or not.
2) Observe the compass value and change another place with fewer interference and try to calibrate again.
3) Switch problem of the remote controller. Please replace the channel and switch.
2016-2-16
Use props
aceresco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 409987 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi if you're the person what haved problem with A2 GPS  green an yellow light  went you takeoff or  you put the ruder left o right an start  green an yellow light , the situation is the battery  make an interference with GPS . I made one base for installation GPS more higher the battery top an I removed GPS base to rear frame, an I putt aluminum films  use in kitchen an put 6 films one over one  then covered al IMU except barometric hol on Side the IMU overall on IMU an F Controllers
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

aceresco@prw.ne Posted at 2016-4-6 13:28
Hi if you're the person what haved problem with A2 GPS  green an yellow light  went you takeoff or   ...

It could be possible that the battery has an influence on the GPS compass module.
Thanks for your update.
2016-4-6
Use props
jlavalle1
lvl.1

Can anyone give an exact fix for this problem? I am a graduate student and I proposed buying a S900 with A2/GPS Pro Plus for environmental/forestland research. My program spent $4,500 on a platform and I have been setting it up for my professor. I am having the exact same problem. Last week after a ton of emails and phone calls to our DJI dealer and DJI Pro Customer Support I was told the problem was a faulty GPS Compass. We spent an extra $89.00 to get a new replacement GPS Compass Pro Plus. I took it out in a field today, installed the new GPS compass and got the exact same Error message again. Again my situation is exactly as what fromabovetx detailed in this thread, Can anyone give a solution?
2016-8-6
Use props
jlavalle1
lvl.1

aceresco@prw.ne Posted at 2016-4-6 13:28
Hi if you're the person what haved problem with A2 GPS  green an yellow light  went you takeoff or   ...

Can you describe this fix a bit better? I'm not sure what you are saying to do.
2016-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules