Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How can I store and edit my videos on my PC?
4847 6 2016-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

I don't want to store and edit my videos on my cell phone; I would rather do it on my PC. However, DJI Go is a cell phone app. I tried loading my videos into my Go Pro video editor; but that produces some moire affects (is 2.7 K is too much for that editor?) Is there any way to use the DJI Go editor on my PC?
2016-2-6
Use props
wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would grab the files off the Micro SD card from the P3S camera by removing it from the camera and putting it into a card reader on your PC.
Alternatively just connect the camera micro USB to the PC (not the Micro USB on the main drone body). Switch the drone on, then it acts like a card reader and you'll be able to see the files and move them to your PC.
Once loaded onto your PC hard drive, use any freely available video editing software to process....

Ian
2016-2-6
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

RE: How can I store and edit my videos on my PC?

I've just started using a FREE video editor on my PC.
It resembles Pinnacle Studio that I'm used to from work but seems to have a ton more features.

Click here for a noob look at it
2016-2-6
Use props
flyfishnevada
lvl.2
United States

As stated, either plug the SD card into a card reader (probably need an adapter since it's the micro version) or use the USB cable to transfer video to PC.   As for editing, depends on your skill level.  If you're just messing around, there are plenty of free and easy to use programs out there.  I switched to DaVinci Resolve from Premiere Pro (and saved $40 a month thank you very much).  Both are excellent and probably have way more features than a hobbiest will ever need.  But if you're willing to learn the workflow, Resolve will do the trick and for free.  If you just want to cut and splice clips together, Windows Movie Maker or similar low end software will do the trick.  And there's plenty of choices in between at all price points.
2016-2-6
Use props
gherd
lvl.2
United States

I use Corel Video Studio ultimate.. Sells for under $100 and has a great feature set including masks.
2016-2-6
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Upload videos to your PC/Mac via SD card. Then most PC's and Macs come with some form of free video editor. There is a thread on here some place that talks about different aftermarket editors if you want to do a search.

Now keep in mind uploading videos  will over time start eating up a lot of storage room. So if you don't have a lot of space to start with you may want to look into an external hard drive. If you're real serious about this, you may want to consider multiple same external hard drives to have a back up copy.
2016-2-6
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

I'm just a hobbyist, I use the Windows Movie Maker on my PC via the micro sd card. If you've recorded the video at a higher rate then your PC can handle you'll can compress it on WMM also.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules