Video freezes, recording stops by itself
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

Hi, all...I have a brand-new Phantom 3 Advanced, only flown it a few times.  Having an issue with the video feed "freezing up" for a few seconds (even actually dropping out during this time, so the iPhone App just shows a black video with the DJI logo on it for a few seconds).  It comes back, but is a bit disconcerting.

Also, it seems like my recording wants to stop by itself...sometimes.  It may go for a few minutes, or a few seconds, and then I get the beep that indicates it has stopped recording and have to start recording again.

Any suggestions?  Telemetry remains good throughout, and it's not very far away (sometimes just 10-20 feet or so).

TIA
2016-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This sounds like a warranty claim to me. I would contact the people you bought it from ands see if you can get a replacement ASAP.
2016-2-6
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-6 15:17
This sounds like a warranty claim to me. I would contact the people you bought it from ands see if y ...

I should add that the video freezes on both the iPhone and the Fatshark goggles I have (I installed the optional HDMI out module on the RC).  

I do see quite a bit of interference, but not on the channel it is using, presumably.  I saw suggestions for lowering the video transmission rate and/or size, but can't find where to do that...?  Also saw suggestions for turning off wifi/cellular/whatever on the iPhone, will try that when I fly next.

All devices have the latest firmware, btw.
2016-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

stephen.h.watso Posted at 2016-2-7 10:23
I should add that the video freezes on both the iPhone and the Fatshark goggles I have (I installe ...

The video freezing can be simply the link back to the RC unit is poor. The stopping recording bit might be the SD card not being fast enough. Other than a manufacturing fault, those are the only issues within your control to check.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules