phantom 2 vision (none plus)
1502 3 2015-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philml420
lvl.2

United States

Hi, Im new to vision2 and had it for 3 months now, loving it, but if I use my samsung note2 for a view I have to put it in airplane mode or it keeps losing wifi connection to the the phantom, now I dont mind it, been flying like it, now my question is dont you have  to have some kind of connection to the internet if you use waypoint? Tryed it today for the first time and it felt weird so I took over , is it note2 that wont let you be connected to phantom thru wifi and to my phone at the same time or maybe its wifi settings?
2015-1-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

When using ground station on the Vision app (which sounds like what you are doing) you should connect WIFI 1st and allow the maps to load, zoom in after each page loads so that you cache the map tiles.  Once you have finished that then you disconnect from the internet and connect to the Phantom and ground station should work just fine.  What gets most people is that it moves between waypoints in a straight line; that is, it goes from 0 at the 1st waypoint to waypoint 2's location and altitude as if you had a line between them, gaining altitude over the length of the distance such that it reaches the destination waypoint's altitude when it arrives.

Hope this helps.
2015-1-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is a nice video that shows it:  
2015-1-4
Use props
philml420.email
lvl.2