Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Damaged gimbal parts wanted - solved (already done)
728 3 2016-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

After reading multiple threads about gimbal damage,  in most cases it seems that the camera has survived the crash and the gimbal arms are bent.
DJI doen't sell these parts separately, I would like to have a go at 3D printing the part in ABS provided I am able to draw it ( still teaching myself CAD - Old dog new tricks....) and share it on "thingiverse" for all.
I have no idea of the legalities, but I assume that if the part is not an exact replica there should be no problem as it could be considered an aftermarket part.
What I'm after is:
1 - any advise as to whether this is legal or not.
2 - Provided it's legal, would anyone be willing to send  gimbal parts that are damaged and destined for the bin ( I don't want to take apart my perfectly good gimbal).
3 - even if there is someone out there that has a damaged gimbal and is good with CAD and willing to have a go at drawing the part, I'd be happy to print and post the prototype back to them.

Let me know what you think..... yes/no
2016-2-7
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

3D gimbal repair kits are already available..

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... l-repair-kit.48182/
2016-2-7
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

-=RaM=- Posted at 2016-2-8 00:34
3D gimbal repair kits are already available..

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/dji-phantom-3- ...

Haha ,and here I thought I was onto something. I don't think many people know about the repair kits, he has done a really nice job on them.
Thanks for linking.
Cheers
2016-2-8
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Dont give up on the idea the more people that offer this service the better
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now