Error installing DJI windows driver
23119 14 2016-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dave design
New

United States

Hi all,

Just purchased a new Ronin M and wanted to connect to the pc to check/update the firmware. Followed advice from the various related topics on this and other fora, to no avail, there is simply no way to talk to the Ronin via a pc (Android app works fine).

What I have tried so far. Downloaded the Windows driver and Assistant program from the Ronin-M support page. Connected usb and powered on Ronin M, ran windows driver as administrator with all A/V software off. I am using the usb cable supplied with the unit. I also verified the cable is good by connecting another device to the pc with the DJI cable, no issues. PC is a Dell laptop with an i7 running windows 8.1. I have also tried another windows 7 machine with the same results. I can install and run the Assistant application, but it is also unable to connect to the Ronin.

Any ideas?

error msg

error msg
2016-2-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

China

1. For your win7,  pls download "usbser. sysfile" at the last FAQ"Why my Windows 7 OS cannot install the assistant software driver successfully?"http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/faq. Then install the DJI WIN DRIVER again.
2. You'd better install the driver with your PC in safe mode.
2016-2-9
Use props
dave design
New

United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2016-2-9 17:47
1. For your win7,  pls download "usbser. sysfile" at the last FAQ"Why my Windows 7 OS cannot install ...

Thanks DJI-Cathy.

I got it working via method mentioned in the other thread. No need to use the usbuser.sysfile.
<edit, added 20160213 09:59>

How about Windows 8.1? Still having the problem there, and usbser.sys doesn't seem to work. Win 7 works, but is a bit of a hassle to use.
2016-2-13
Use props
feudalkaos
New

United States

Is there a fix for Windows 8.1? I am not able to install the driver. I have confirmed that I have usbser.sys on my machine but it still fails.
2016-2-20
Use props
feudalkaos
New

United States

Is anyone going to reply to this thread? I also need assistance getting this driver to work on Windows 8.1.
2016-2-29
Use props
auteurstudio
New

United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2016-2-10 09:47
1. For your win7,  pls download "usbser. sysfile" at the last FAQ"Why my Windows 7 OS cannot install ...

Hi DJI Cathy, I had follow your instruction download the file, but what if my computer is Window 8.1 Pro?  I notice you have 3 files in it, win 7 32, win 7 64 and win xp.  thanks
2016-4-29
Use props
lee
New

United Kingdom

Same problem here. Got a Ronin )not M or MX) and am running Windows 8.1, but the driver will not install (tried normally, as admin, have turned off all firewalls/anti virus etc - nothing). Please can DJI answer the issues? As the driver fails, assistant cannot see my Ronin, and so I cannot upgrade the firmware etc.

HELP!!!!
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

lee@red90.co.uk Posted at 2016-5-12 00:01
Same problem here. Got a Ronin )not M or MX) and am running Windows 8.1, but the driver will not ins ...

What kind of error messages are you getting when attempting to install the WinDriver? Is it similar to the one dave design provided or something different? Did you download the DJI WinDriver using the direct .EXE download or the .Zip file?
2016-5-12
Use props
trajoj
New

United States

Ugh! I'm searching for solutions to this exact problem and found this threat - but how can it have been 2 months and no response to fix the problem?
2016-8-6
Use props
daitam
lvl.1

Lithuania

trajoj@gmail.co Posted at 2016-8-6 18:43
Ugh! I'm searching for solutions to this exact problem and found this threat - but how can it have b ...

I've solved this on Windows 8.1 by turning off driver signature verification.

Restart with signature verification disabled and run driver setup. How to disable driver signature verification: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutor ... cement-on-windows-8
2016-8-14
Use props
2HF2Ucaw9Div
New

United States

dave design Posted at 2016-2-13 12:17
Thanks DJI-Cathy.

I got it working via method mentioned in the other thread. No need to use the us ...

What other thread?
2016-10-5
Use props
Photoflight
lvl.1

United States

Im having same problem
2017-1-14
Use props
fansdd50e36b
New
France

Hello, I have just acquired a Dji Mavic pro and I can not read the videos by connecting me directly to the usb port of the device. I have a tablet surface pro4 i7 16GB ram 256 GB SSD with windows 10 pro. I installed correctly the wizard and the drivers which allow me to communicate without problem with the drone via the wizard DJI ASSISTANT 2. I also followed the tutorials to reinstall the driver not digitally signed but nothing does I do not see the volume of the sd card to be able to copy the video files. I am obliged to remove the SD card from the Mavic and put it in the drive Sd of my tablet to be able to do it, which is really not practical ... Do you have any tracks to help me to solve this problem? Thank you for your help.

2017-3-13
Use props
AK Cinematograp
New

Bulgaria

No solution. Nice support DJI!
2017-3-21
Use props
chowdah
New

United States

I was getting the "This App has been blocked for your protection"  error when trying to install the drivers on Windows 10.   I tried disabling driver signature verification, shutting off virus protection, launching the installer as an admin, and all kinds of other stuff. The only way that worked was booting into safe mode and installing the driver. In safe mode Windows didn't see the drone or the RC when plugged into the usb port, but I installed anyhow, thinking the usb channel I was using was disabled in safe mode.  When I logged into the computer out of safe mode, the Vision Assistant 3.8 Software linked to the drone.  Using that software I calibrated the RC through the drone.  Couldn't get DJI RC Assistant version 1.2 to work with a direct connection to the RC unit with USB, but I can still charge the unit that way. I'm using an older software for an older drone, but the driver signature problem is the same for any other unsigned DJI drivers, so this may work for all of their older unsigned drivers.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules