Tested Homido VR headset and Inspire 1
2937 11 2016-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I just got in a VR headset from Homido (http://www.homido.com/en).  I tested it briefly with the Litchi app (https://flylitchi.com/), which's has a VR mode.  I am using a Samsung S6 Edge.  I just tested this setup with my Inspire 1.
When you are in the VR mode you are presented with a widescreen view of the camera feed that nearly fills your field of vision on the left and right.  When you move your head the camera adjusts its pitch and yaw to match.  I don't know if it will be good enough for getting actual video (yet) but it does add some wow factor to watching the video.

I wouldn't think this is safe for the peson flying the drone to use but for the secondary camera operator it is very intersting idea.

I thought some of you might be interested in this.  What do you think?

Nick
2016-2-7
Use props
noaches232
lvl.2

United States

this seems neat!
What I'm waiting for is a set of FPV goggles compatible with DJI for the camera operator when you tilt your head the camera tilts as well.
That just seems awesome.
2016-2-8
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

I just got the Homido headset too. Unfortunatley I just found out they don't have the VR mode for iOs
2016-3-7
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2016-3-7 10:30
I just got the Homido headset too. Can you tell me how to get the Litchi App to work in the VR mode? ...

FlyBigSky,

I will check the setting when I get home today.  I'll update here when I have the details.

Nick
2016-3-7
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2016-3-7 10:30
I just got the Homido headset too. Can you tell me how to get the Litchi App to work in the VR mode? ...

FlyBigSky,

The 2nd icon, from the far right corner down is supposed to look like goggles.  Click that and it will go into 3d mode.

Please note that this is not actually 3d, since there is not 2 video sources.  More like looking at a big 2d screen in 3d.  The head tracking is nice though.

Hope this helps!

Nick
2016-3-7
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-7 18:46
FlyBigSky,

The 2nd icon, from the far right corner down is supposed to look like goggles.  Click t ...

I just found out that mode isn't present for iOs
2016-3-7
Use props
dreamflights
lvl.1

Russia

In Dream Flights app (www.dreamflights.pro) one can control not only the camera with headtracking, but all 4 axes of DJI drone itself - yaw, pitch, roll and even throttle. + real 3D view while flying sideways, simulated wind sounds and more.. For Inspire 1, there is special "Passenger mode" in the app, allowing the "passenger" to look around as described in the topic, while piloting the drone by another person with another RC and display device.
2016-3-23
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

dreamflights Posted at 2016-3-23 13:36
In Dream Flights app (www.dreamflights.pro) one can control not only the camera with headtracking, b ...

Your app is also 70 $. There are a few tihers that do just as good if a job for 20$. If you want to prove me wrong, you can send me a promo code and ill write an honest review on Skytopics.com
2016-3-26
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

noaches232 Posted at 2016-2-8 08:50
this seems neat!
What I'm waiting for is a set of FPV goggles compatible with DJI for the camera ope ...

I've  been using head tracking for a good month now.  3D FPV Is the best app with the smoothest tracking I've found so far.
Check out the thread further down the list...there's a complete write up and my write up in there as well.  I used VR Box with a Samsung S5....and used Litchi and 3D FPV and 3D FPV was 10x better IMO.
2016-3-27
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

I1ADDICT Posted at 2016-3-27 15:27
I've  been using head tracking for a good month now.  3D FPV Is the best app with the smoothest tr ...

How did your Samsung S5 hold up?  I have a Samsung S6 and it gets so hot that it auto shuts down between 5 - 10 minutes with Litchi.  I call it going nuclear!  It is so hot I have to set the headset down and let it cool before attempting to remove the phone as it will burn your fingers!
2016-3-27
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-27 20:35
How did your Samsung S5 hold up?  I have a Samsung S6 and it gets so hot that it auto shuts down b ...

It's fine...it didn't get too hot.  I usually run out of battery before it gets hot like that.  You should check Amazon for a new battery...somethting that hot is not good dude and could explode.
2016-3-28
Use props
congnghevr
New

Vietnam

The $80 Homido VR is out, but is it worth upgrading to a higher quality headset from something cheaper like Google Cardboard! I go over the Homido V2's best features to help you decide whether or not you should make the jump. With Playstation VR and Google Daydream releasing soon, it's a good time to look for the best Vr headset you can get for your money.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules