Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TB48 battery expected dispatch date?
2367 6 2015-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
langwood
lvl.1

New Zealand

For admins,  do you guys have any updates on the dispatch of the TB48 batteries for the Inspire.
Using if for commercial use soon and that becomes a challenge on one battery.  Our distributor here in New Zealand has no idea on an eta, thought you guys may have more up to date information.               
2015-1-4
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I very much wanted to purchase a TB48, too. However after watching some of the videos and reading posts here, I now question whether it is worth it. Apparently you can't carry TB48's on airplanes. So for the extra $50, you get 4 extra minutes of flying time on your Inspire, but zero minutes on an airline.
****UPDATE****

After doing some additional research, it appears you can have LIPOs the size of a TB48 in your carry on baggage. There's a limit of 2 TB48 batteries in your carry-on bag, and no limit for TB47s. Neither battery is allowed in checked baggage unless it is installed in your Inspire.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_ ... s_and_batteries.pdf
2015-1-4
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to know too as I have 4 of them on order.  I'll be super happy to have my Inspire tomorrow but even more happy when I can fly it for more than 15-18 minutes and then an hour of downtime before take-off again.  And even happier when I get to try out the dual control for the first time when I get my second radio. Thankfully my car as AC adapters built in so I can charge the battery between flying locations!
2015-1-5
Use props
maudelrio
lvl.1
United States

No estimate yet? It may sound silly but the extra fly time is important given the 15-18 flight times I'm getting.
2015-1-13
Use props
daverm16a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Four minutes is huge , it can give you that extra time needed to get to the photo and video shooting spot and back which allows for more minutes of video and photo work , ask any one who has flown RC anything , minutes matter a whole lot !
Anyone ever get so absorbed by what they were filming at distance and then notice oh my the battery is  low .... It can happen trust me ...
Four more minutes is huge and very worth the extra $$ , the battery's always come down in price after a few months .
2015-1-14
Use props
maudelrio
lvl.1
United States

Totally agree which is why I'd like to get an update from DJI. I'm sure they have some sort of target date. I don't want to buy extra stock batteries, I'd rather get a few tb48s.
2015-1-14
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

travissrt@gmail Posted at 2015-1-6 11:53
I would like to know too as I have 4 of them on order.  I'll be super happy to have my Inspire tomor ...

Can you elaborate on the car charging method you use.  may be interested in this.
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules