1384 7 2016-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gintoxin
New
Flight distance : 230433 ft
Switzerland

Can anyone help me out?

I bought my dji 3 weeks ago, and did my first test flights. Everything seems to run perfectly well, beside
the video.

By some reason, the videos are not crips, they are blotchy and unclear. I use DLOG and Softness -1.
I always try to get a shutter rate of about 50-100 and I'm recording with 4k 24fps. I use the orignal DJI ND filters.

Any idea why the qulity is so bad?

Image of Movie: Screenshot_08_02_16__15_43.jpg

Download for full quality.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wfo389pq6yjq2o/Short.mov?dl=1

2016-2-8
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United States

Suggest you don't use the ND filters. Also try gently cleaning the camera lens with spectical cleaning cloth. The type that comes in a packet and has isopropile alcohol.
2016-2-9
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

What ISO are you shooting at? Small sensors like in the DJI Phantoms are always going to have high levels of noise. The areas you have indicated are all shadow areas where noise is going to be at it's worst.

Is the photo you linked a photo taken on the Phantom, or a screen grab from the video?

The video you linked looks fine to me, other than being flat looking as a result of shooting in d-log.
2016-2-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I see nothing bad about either the photo or the short clip. Do you know about DLOG and how to process it? The clip is underexposed and if you set the sharpness to -1 then it will naturally look soft.
2016-2-9
Use props
gintoxin
New
Flight distance : 230433 ft
Switzerland

Thx for all your replies. Of course I know that the clip needs some remastering when shot in DLOG. I just wanted to make sure I get the exact quality from the drone and not from Finalcut.
Maybe my expectations where just to high. I found the picture where noisy even with low ISO.

Also in pictures there are some very strange artifacts.

Was just not sure if this is the max I can get out of it.
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gintoxin Posted at 2016-2-14 06:42
Thx for all your replies. Of course I know that the clip needs some remastering when shot in DLOG. I ...

"I just wanted to make sure I get the exact quality from the drone and not from Finalcut."

If you shoot in any log form, then you must post-process the material to get it looking correct, log files are not finished files.
2016-2-13
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

gintoxin Posted at 2016-2-14 03:42
Thx for all your replies. Of course I know that the clip needs some remastering when shot in DLOG. I ...

Maybe they are UFO's.
J/K I see them. Is it just random junk?
2016-2-13
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

gintoxin Posted at 2016-2-14 08:42

It's just noise. It's a very small sensor, the 1:2.3" sensor captures 30x less light then an full frame sensor at the same aperture (f2.8), which means assuming similar technology in the sensor, 4-5x as much noise. That means hooting at ISO100 on the phantom is going have similar noise as shooting at 800-1600 ISO on an fullframe DSLR.
2016-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules