Pink/Purple screen...Anyone else having this issue?
12121 18 2016-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

So I've been flying since december with my Phantom 3 Pro, with no issues at all, except for the past week or two. Ive noticed at times my screen will randomly become this Magenta color, almost as if the camera is using some weird filter. Along with this, the image sometimes becomes distorted with stripes, usually green. I toggle between camera and video mode, and even reset camera setting (while flying) hoping it will reboot go away, but nothing. This occurs at random times. Sometimes lasting a minute or two, other times longer. Yesterday it persisted, so I landed the drone, exited the app, and restarted it. Upon restarting, the camera would display normaly for a few seconds, then glitch back into this weird screen. Ive included a photo, and a screen shot of a video. Since the file is enormous and I'm at work, I just took a screen shot of the image thumbnails, but you can get the idea Like I said, it usually goes away after a while- so I'm thinking more of a software issue- but yesterday it persisted. Ribbon cable is firmly in place. I hate that my first post is a complaint/cry for help,  the P3P has been amazing otherwise, great product and very happy. But please help!

Magenta screen

Magenta screen
2016-2-8
Use props
jblackmore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27536 ft
United States

Mine is doing the same thing.... random, cross fingers and hope it goes away.  All Firmware is up to date.  I usually land, swap batteries and reset everything and it usually goes away.

Kind of a pain when it happens in flight....
2016-2-9
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

jblackmore Posted at 2016-2-9 12:02
Mine is doing the same thing.... random, cross fingers and hope it goes away.  All Firmware is up to ...

Its so frustrating..  Based on the limited replies, I'm guessing this isn't a very common problem. Internet searches don't yield many results either. No clue why this happens... Maybe a DJI expert can chime in..?
2016-2-11
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

I'm experiencing this same thing
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This happens from time to time, and usually the problem is solved by deleting the Go App and re-installing. You will probably find there is no problem with the signal recorded on your SD card, just the camera view you get on your device. If you re-install, don't forget to sync your flight records first.
2016-2-13
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-14 08:58
This happens from time to time, and usually the problem is solved by deleting the Go App and re-inst ...

Thats what I was hoping but mine is in the videos on the SD card as well.  Photos are fine but video cuts in and out of pink purple.
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ryan209 Posted at 2016-2-14 14:19
Thats what I was hoping but mine is in the videos on the SD card as well.  Photos are fine but vid ...

Ah, well that is a different story then. That points to a problem in the video processing.

Another thing to try, and this is a long shot, is to change the SD card for a faster one. You could also begin by re-formatting the card in the Go App first and see if that improves the situation. My thinking here is that the gimbal may be having trouble writing to the SD card fast enough.
2016-2-13
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-13 23:27
Ah, well that is a different story then. That points to a problem in the video processing.

Anothe ...

Yes, mine also writes in the pink/purple as well. The photos I attached were actually taken from playback on my computer. Its beginning to happen more often now, and yesterday it began after about 3-4 minutes of flight and continued for the rest of my flight. Seems like its getting worse, very annoying.

I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 64gb- which claims "Up to 80 MB/s transfer speed".
2016-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nicholasalbertg Posted at 2016-2-15 23:36
Yes, mine also writes in the pink/purple as well. The photos I attached were actually taken from p ...

"I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 64gb- which claims "Up to 80 MB/s transfer speed"."

This may be your problem. The Sandisk Ultra is not fast enough if you are recording at 4K. The cleverly worded speed statement says it can reach speeds up to 80 MB/s, but most times it won't, and transfer speed means read speed not write speed. I would advise you get the Sandisk Extreme Pro series, they are fast enough for the job.
2016-2-15
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

The one time I had purple banding on the recordings: it happened after I mistakenly put the P3P away in the case still turned on. After about an hour, I opened the case and freaked because everything was very hot to the touch. I let it cool down, but it still recorded purple banding. It continued the next day. I finally sent it back for repairs.

If you have a local drone shop, go talk to them first before shipping yours off.
2016-2-15
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-15 16:46
"I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 64gb- which claims "Up to 80 MB/s transfer speed"."

This may be your p ...

It seems as though its independent of the SD card though. I see the distorted view on my mobile device while flying, and it records to the cached file in that same way. Also, it happens when not recording- not only if recording.
2016-2-17
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Just a thought if nothing else works.  If you are technically capable, try looking at the camera ribbon cable connections.  Ribbon cables and their connections wear quickly sometimes.  They are probably the weakest physical link in the video chain.

$.02
2016-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nicholasalbertg Posted at 2016-2-18 00:42
It seems as though its independent of the SD card though. I see the distorted view on my mobile de ...

Yes, it would appear the problem is elsewhere.
2016-2-17
Use props
KeithS
lvl.2

Australia

I've had the same issue on 2 of my first 3 flights.

I'm using a 64GB Sandisk Class 10 Card - however as mentioned prior this isn't the issue.  

The recorded content is perfectly fine, but it would appear as though there is a definite issue of concern.  My issue has been from startup at very close range, so it's not a distance issue.

From what I understand the Obstacle Avoidance feature, and Active Track is based upon an image on your mobile device in conjunction with the front sensors.  It would be tragic if this pink interference issue caused an Obstacle Avoidance to fail.

Will screen cap my next flight an post some pictures as well.

The more people that report this issue, the more likely DJI will take it seriously.
2016-4-9
Use props
JacoboCastro
New
Colombia

I'm having the same problem, It´s a purple glitch that gets recorded in the video. It suddenly started to apear, I've used different sd cards with high write speed.
2017-10-11
Use props
Toruken
New
United States

Solved the green and pink video corruption by removing the DJI Go for my Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 and reinstalled it from the Play store.
2017-11-28
Use props
FranciscoH
New

Mexico

Toruken Posted at 2017-11-28 18:12
Solved the green and pink video corruption by removing the DJI Go for my Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 and reinstalled it from the Play store.

did your problem was in the sd card or just in the mobile device?

Mine its on both and its annoying beacuase already changed the flex cable for a new DJI one and still gives me that green lines with magenta tint
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_rHhz3jgXpKZC
New
United States

I had this issue and replacing the signal cable that's part of the camera assembly seemed to fix it. I hope you read this before you get as frustrated as I was. Good luck.
2019-4-20
Use props
djiuser_rHhz3jgXpKZC
New
United States

jblackmore Posted at 2016-2-9 09:02
Mine is doing the same thing.... random, cross fingers and hope it goes away.  All Firmware is up to date.  I usually land, swap batteries and reset everything and it usually goes away.

Kind of a pain when it happens in flight....

Replacing the signal cable in the camera assembly seemed to fix this issue on my mavic pro. I was ripping hair out in frustration until i figured it out.
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules