Milwaukee Lakefront
752 7 2016-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

The weather yesterday was fantastic and warm (well, warm for Wisconsin in February!) and it seemed like a good day for flying.  And it was!  I got an idea to head down to the lakefront (Lake Michigan).  After  wondering around for a while looking for a nice secluded spot to take  off from, I found it.  Around behind the amphitheater used for  Summerfest.  I also got up enough courage to do my first water flight.   And being someone who goes big or goes home, I took it for a joy ride  all the way from shore out to the outer breakwater and harbor entrance  lighthouse.  Then back under the Hoan bridge and up the rivers.  And for  good measure, all over the place after that.

The first flight I almost didn't get her home.  I was on my way back and  had unfortunately misjudged the return power needed to fight upwind.  I  got a 30% battery warning.  I immediately started scanning for land  where she could set down and I could still get to it.  But, in the end  she fought her way home with battery levels in the 20's.  Scary stuff.   Thats the lowest I have ever flown it.

2016-2-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-8
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Two batteries.  I had flown in a park inland and used up my 3 batteries.  Only two charged in the truck while I was driving back to Milwaukee.
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MjIwOA
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MjIwOQ
2016-2-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-8
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-2-8 13:34
How do you charge your batteries  in your truck,
I just recently bought a 300W inverter that connec ...

Inverter via cigarette outlet in the rear console (back seat).  Have P3A charger and the P3P charger.  The P3P charger is hooked to the 4 station battery station.

As for the 45mph?  Tailwind ;)  HD reports ground speed, not air speed.  So if the P3 will do 30mph, it had a 15mph tailwind so the groundspeed is 45.
2016-2-8
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Fantastic  journey. Were you los all the way or some of it just fpv? Can't wait for some good weather to go on a cruise.
2016-2-8
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Most LOS, not all.  Didn't have spotters with me this one.  It was a spur of the moment side trip.  No LOS when I went up the north branch of the river (toward rotating RR bridge) and of course when I went behind the outer lighthouse.

I walked along the edge of the river and along in front of the summerfest grounds (building and fiargrounds with the smily face logo on the roof).
2016-2-8
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Wolf

this is a GREAT run. I have been there several times myself for work, but have never run my Drone there. this is a GREAT perspective. fantastic run.
2016-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules