Lightbridge + A2 + Z15 CRASH due to Signal Failure
1190 2 2016-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alpergedik
New

Turkey

I know, being innovative and a pioneer in a world where there are so many expectations, different and difficult real-life scenarios, and of course, a massive diversity of customers.

I know, DJI tries to become a 'brand' which refers to quality, functionality and unrivaled simplicity.

I know, and I feel you DJI...

But, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU EVER THINKT IT'S A BRILLIANT IDEA TO MAKE AN HD DOWNLINK THAT LIMITS USERS TO SEND/RECEIVE CONTROL SIGNALS USING THAT SAME DEVICE. AND WHAT GOOD IS SNAPPING PILOT AND GIMBAL CONTROLLER WITH A CHEAP UNRELIABLE 'TRAINER' CABLE? MATHEMATICALLY, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DID YOU INCREASE THE POSSIBILITY OF AN IMMINENT CRASH DUE TO CONTROLLER FAILURE?

I can't receive a proper video signal on my monitor using Lightbridge from the day I've bought it, and I'm experiencing a colossal inconvenience using my S1000+ linked to my gimbal controller through Lightbridge.

And today, finally my S1000+ flipped all by itself during launch, destroying each and every single propeller and damaging one arm's plastic clip. This will possibly cost me a lot, but I honestly don't think that happened due to a lack of pilotage.

Before the crash, every pre-flight step was taken carefully. Done every check to make sure the device is OK.

But obviously, clearly, and unfortunately, everything was NOT OK.

I'm not an electronics engineer but I have deep knowledge and experience on radio signals, frequency bands and wireless data transmission. And my best guess is Lightbridge, my dear little helper, just messed up the RC signal because of some interference caused by design failure.

Please think twice, three times or more, until you make sure that you want an unreliable machine that eventually costs you a fortune, or a LIFE, literally!

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get it out of my mind.

2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am very sorry for the accident, when you originally had a video issue what was the outcome that customer support gave you.
And Lightbridge has been proven to work incredibly well with no interference whatsoever between video and RC.
every Phantom3 Pro/Adv and Inspire uses it without video/RC interference issue.
If it flipped upside down during takeoff that sounds like a prop or ESC/motor problem.
2016-2-8
Use props
alpergedik
New

Turkey

Thank you for your sympathies.
I'm in Turkey, and I got live phone support from the official distributor of Turkey, concluding no hardware or software issue was present.
Then I got the multicopter out for a long-range flight to test video transmission on-air. But as I've told in the first post, I couldn't even take-off.
I should add that this gear didn't fly more than 10 times. So it's like brand new. And from previous successful flights, we can assume that there was no ESC/Motor or prop failure.
I would LOVE to actually 'know' the reason behind this, rather than guessing, but I suppose there's no way of knowing in this case.
2016-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules