Fix my phantom 2 vision or invest in a 3 standard?
930 8 2016-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

Well I have enjoyed my phantom 2 for over a year now, my live view is starting to not work (black screen, pull battery and reboot sometimes fixes it) so I have a feeling the wifi module is on its way out ($200 fix). I am happy with my drone since I normally only take still pictures but its hard to frame a shot if you can't see the live view. I guess my question is how comparable are the cameras between the 2 (I have the old two axis one) and 3 standard? I like the keep my drone close so I'm not concerned about range but is there any reason I should be looking at the advance? Been a while since I've been in the forums so I am hoping for a quick refresh on any issues, problems, likes or dislikes between the models. Thanks!

2016-2-8
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-8
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-2-8 16:06
Buy a new one but also look at other drones too. DJI is no longer the only name that makes quality b ...

Any recommendations to look at within a similar price point?
2016-2-8
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like you take care of your things since yours has lasted 2 years. In that case i would spend the extra $300 and get the Advanced. It just offers WAY more then $300 worth over the Advanced.
Here's a comparison.
http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
2016-2-8
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-2-8 16:06
Buy a new one but also look at other drones too. DJI is no longer the only name that makes quality b ...

Thanks for the info.
2016-2-9
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the info.
2016-2-9
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fix your old one and buy a Standard. By the time you buy an advanced or Pro you can have 2 drones.
2016-2-9
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

lf l crashed my Pro today l'd buy an Advanced. The increased range doesn't just add distance, it gives a rock-solid signal. Lightbridge is amazing. l've had my Pro since first week of May last year, and it's given me a weak signal warning once  in all that time. l also had the P2V+V3 and had the same issues with wifi/FPV loss.
Vuqle posted some video by the drone he recommends in another thread. lf you watch it you'll see how unstable that drone is in the air, and how noticeable the jello is in the video. The Phantom is the superior product from a consumer perspective. Whether the parts are cheap or not, its video, which is the reason we buy, is the best.
Disclaimer: l'm not a fanboy, or even a boy.
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules