Camera Connection
4407 19 2014-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManUUAV
New

United States

We are currently having an issue with the Vision App on an Android Phone. The camera view on the phone will either freeze or go pitch black, however we still have a connection, and are able to take photos, and videos that later show up as if the camera had been working the entire time. any help available would be appreciated.
2014-9-26
Use props
bob
New

United States

Join the crowd.. there are many of us with the same problem... I sent an email to DJI customer support two days ago and they have yet to respond. I tried calling them an was on hold for over an hour and I hung up.  If you search out FPV problems with Vision 2+ you will see a boatload of people having the same issue.

Mine connection went "black" as soon as I did the 3.0.6 upgrade. I can control the up and down on the camera and shoot video and take pictures but the live view from the camera is blank. Did the entire rebind process, updated all my other firmware and apps and still did not fix the problem. Reverted back to older firmware and still no live feed.

On another forum board someone replied back to me with "you probably crashed your copter and broke something" .. The copter has never been crashed or even took a hard landing..  I have been flying planes and copters for over 20 years.

My V2+ is nothing but a flying paperweight now with over $2K invested in it. Only been flown 4 times. If I don't get an answer soon on the fix from DJI, I am prepared to start a class action lawsuit against them since I am not the only person with this problem. At last count there are over 23 people with this problem and  everyone is getting nowhere with DJI or their local reps. Every day the list of people with this problem is growing.

I have already given this quad 2 bad reviews to people I know who were interested in purchasing one.

This is a firmware problem, plain and simple. DJI better get off their butts and come up with a fix soon or they will be getting a letter from my attorney.
2014-9-26
Use props
joels805
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81152 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue as well.  PV2+ with current firmware and updates.  Trying with Android and ios, I can record video and photos, move the gimbal up and down etc but no video preview. Just a black screen on the android and the ios has the spinning circle of pergutory.  I have tried multiple times with different devices and even opened it up to try some different cables.  Still no luck.  Next I'm going to try a complete removal of apps and a hard reset.  We'll see.  I'm going to watch this thread and see if there is any help.
2014-9-29
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

joels805@hotmai Posted at 2014-9-30 08:05
I am having the same issue as well.  PV2+ with current firmware and updates.  Trying with Android an ...

I use an iPhone.
The solution to your problem and latency on the iPhone is to tune down the preview resolution.
I don't even know if that option is available on the Android app...
2014-9-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Some Android devices have a problem connecting to the Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi Extender.
Solution: Some Android devices do not allow for both a Wi-Fi connection and a mobile data connection at the same time. When trying to connect to the Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi network, most devices will check whether an Internet connection has a certain Wi-Fi setting enabled, e.g. Auto network switch or Test for Internet connection. If no Internet connection is found because the Phantom 2 Vision+ creates a non-routable connection it will drop the Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi- Fi network connection and scan for the next available connection. Example: For the Samsung Note 3, carry out the following procedures to solve this issue. Tap Settings -> Wi-Fi, and then tap the “Menu” button. Select “Advanced” then uncheck the “Auto network switch”. You might see a warning that indicates the Internet connection is unstable this message can be ignored.
2014-9-29
Use props
joels805
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the replies.  These were not related to the issue I am having.  I guess I should have specified, I have flown this hundreds of times and had this issue sporadically once a while ago.  After rebooting everything and replacing the battery it worked fine.  Now like I said, I have full control over the camera and it records images on the card but I cannot see a preview.  It worked in the past with all devices I have tried (Both Android S3 and S4 and ios 7 and 8).  Adjusting quality, fps, fpv, resetting to defaults, airplane mode with wifi, all networks on, being 10 miles away from the nearest wifi, being in the middle of a city, or re-validating firmware dates as of this reply, all have done nothing.  Still the same issue.

- Joel
2014-9-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I would contact DJI then. Get them on the phone and tell them you were here. I'm all out of answers for at this point.
I hope you get it resolved. For some this does work. Good Luck Joel

Let us know if you find out what it is
2014-9-30
Use props
ManUUAV
New

United States

Over the past few flights we just end up closing out the app, and turning everything off, and back on. Generally after a few resets it starts working again, but it's just really inconvenient and time consuming.
2014-10-2
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I have had the same problem. Restarting everything as well has worked for me too.
2014-10-2
Use props
AsiaFlyer
New

Thailand

Are you getting 'Phantom Connection Lost'  messge?

Had the a similar problem using a Note 3, I installed an app called wifi prioritizer and also have the fpv preview at 320x240 15fps and it works fine now.
2014-10-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

ManUUAV Posted at 2014-10-3 01:35
Over the past few flights we just end up closing out the app, and turning everything off, and back o ...

Have you tried different smartphone? If yes and this problem still exist, please send the phantom back to repair.
2014-10-8
Use props
joels805
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have tried everything listed above multiple times.  In the past I could never have the video over 15 fps or video would freeze.  I also had the sporadic blank screen for some time that resetting everything multiple times would bring it back.  Now since mentioning the start of this problem  I cannot connect via USB any longer.  It works with the controller, it's not a cable problem.  I have tried different computers, it's not a computer problem.  My computers say 'USB device not recognized' so I can't do anything with the firmware.  I have also talked with two local authorized repair centers and they filled me with such confidence I decided I would never take it there. After my run-in with the other service centers I decided to crack it open myself.  Nothing is loose, no frayed wires etc.

Does anyone have any information about doing a hard reset on everything?  I briefly saw a youtube video on hard resetting the main controller by jumping pins but I cannot find the video any longer.  Does anyone have any GOOD experience with support or service for these things?  I'm almost to the point I need to send it somewhere for repair.  

- Joel
2014-10-8
Use props
marioalbu
lvl.1

Australia

Here you go, another thread... same problem.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &extra=page%3D1
2014-10-8
Use props
gbfurtado
lvl.1
Brazil

2014-10-14 09:37
Looks like all have the same problem. What DJi need to understand is that we are in the 21 century and phone calls aren`t the solution. We call several times and we stay on hold for more than 30 minutes, even when they say:"there is five people in front of you and your waiting time is 5 minutes".
If you send an email they say to re-installed the app.
i need to talk to someone and if is possible know who i`m going to send my phantom.
The problem is that excitiment  is going way. I bought to use in my work and pleasure and for more than 1 month is in the corner of my office. As i`m seeing here, not just with me. And our trust in the company goes to the trash can.
Sorry, but after ten times trying to call then! I`m starting to think that it is a waist of time!!
2014-10-13
Use props
joels805
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem for over a month.  I finally took it in for service.  Their answer?  The internal wifi module is dead and the tiny little micro-usb board inside is also dead.  It will only cost me another 400 bucks to fix my 4 month old P2V+.  Since I could never talk to an actual human who knew the difference between a spoon and a fork I opened it up to see if there were any loose connections.  That voided my warranty but I guess it was either that or pay for shipping back and forth, then probably have DJI or a 'tech' (high school student with a screwdriver) to argue with me about the warranty.  I am so fed up with DJI and their support.  I remember at a time when people were saying their products were so good they might be the next Apple.  Fat chance, I am already looking into my next brand of copter.  If anyone here has experience with other makes and models in the $1000 to $4000 range I would appreciate the input.  

My internal wifi module apparently was on it's way out for a while.  The service person said he did not even know of a way I could damage it myself short of hooking it up to a car battery.  Likewise for the usb board. It is a tiny board and the wiring was not frayed.  How could a usb board suddenly die?  

My recommendation if you are having the same problems, send it in.  Maybe is DJI starts getting defective products showing up at their door by the hundreds they will consider some modifications to their 'support' structure.  My only other recommendation is to go with another companies copters.
2014-10-18
Use props
PhantomKnowledg
New

United States

Concerning the camera with no picture, I often have this problem but eventually I am always able to get a picture.  

First, when I want to use the Phantom, in my iPhone, in Settings under Cellular,  I turn off Cellular Data.  Try that to see if it solves the problem.  

Second, I sometimes will go into the Vision App Settings and click on Binding and them come out and check again.  You may want/need to rebind the Phantom to your phone.  You can find directions for how to rebind in your User Manual on page 31.

Third, In my phone’s settings, I try turning off the WI-FI and turn it back on.  Then I reconnect the WI-FI with the Phantom and see if that works.

Fourth, if the above does not work I power down my phone.  Yes, it is a pain, but it has worked for me every time -- accept once.  After powering the phone up again and reconnecting I almost always get a picture.  
2014-10-18
Use props
pecodiver
New

Mexico

gbfurtado, T J Gilbert, webstereo, jprpires, bob, FromAdronesEye, quadrofilmning, hd_ultra, scottapes, marioalbu, roberr, bbushong, matthew, Cloud9, PhantomKnowledg, ManUUAV, joels805, and ME!

Exactly the same issue. I can control everything but I don't get back the camera preview in my iphone/android/ipad and so.
Sorry but the idea to return the drone to repair it's crazy. I bought it 1 week ago and it's very disapointed only to think that I use good money for a bad product and the evident fact... very bad customer sevice.
This is not an iphone/android issue, nor cables, nor configuration, nor rebind,  not resetting, etc. The issue is in the app or in the firmware. How could you explain the replication of the same issue several times, also in new drones?
WE NEED A REAL SOLUTION ASAP.
WE took time to write down and try to explain the issue, and now I have not read any DJI effective answer.
:@
Please CLICK SUPPORT if you are another frustrated user with the same issue.
2014-11-3
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Yep I have the same on an android phone. Sometimes it will just not show the camera view,just black.  A reboot of the camera software almost always brings it back- as someone said, "inconvenient".  I am not on any other wifi network at these times so forget that one as an excuse for not working.
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi all, please try to reduce the Photo size. If still have no camera preview. Please PM me your Email address and your location, I will ask our support center to contat you. Sorry for any inconvenience.
2014-11-4
Use props
jriley1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 630633 ft
United Kingdom

pecodiver@gmail Posted at 2014-11-4 04:04
gbfurtado, T J Gilbert, webstereo, jprpires, bob, FromAdronesEye, quadrofilmning, hd_ultra, scottape ...

Also tried app on Iphone & Ipad  android version on sony and htc ....same result NO VIDEO, no doubt this is a firmware problem, what is peculiar is the variation of different problems on basically the same machine...the P2V+ must have coding changes in the onboard eprom  even though they are labelled with the same version number...despicable service from DJI
2014-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules