12142 11 2016-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi I'm traveling aborad on friday for my first paid gig, I'm taking all my inspire batteries as hang luggage in LiPo bags.

However what's the case with OSMO batteries.. are they LiPo too?
Should I also take them in the hand luggage?

Also should I take my Inspire Controller as hang luggage? as it contain a LiPo battery?

Big Thanks
2016-2-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Osmo batteries are lipo as well as the controller and should go in your carry on luggage. I just went through this in december on a flight to florida.
2016-2-9
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm checking new rules with FAA
2016-2-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-2-9 16:16
You are allowed to check-in batteries if they are installed in the equipment. So if you put a batter ...

I was told by a TSA agent that no lithium polymer batteries are allowed in checked luggage period because of the risk of fire, when I get a minute I'm going on the government website to find out.
2016-2-10
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-10 13:16
I was told by a TSA agent that no lithium polymer batteries are allowed in checked luggage period  ...

Let us know what FAA say. Seems like some new rules will come in April this year.

Worth noting TB48 is over 100Wh so different rules apply.
TB47 is under 100Wh and classed as consumer sized battery.

2016-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-2-10 13:35
Let us know what FAA say. Seems like some new rules will come in April this year.

Worth noting TB ...

After checking there website I'm more confused then I was before, in one sentence it says  lipo batteries can be in checked luggage but they prefer they go in carry on and in the next sentence they say that lipo batteries are not allowed in checked baggage and there's restrictions on the battery size. In December of last year I flew on JetBlue to Florida and the TSA made my wife remove her electronic cigarettes from they check luggage and put it in the carry on. So I tried to help but I can honestly say I don't know what the rules are anymore
2016-2-10
Use props
Ced007
lvl.1

France

Good question. I'm interesting to know too, flying to Florida next summer and would like to take my OSMO with several batteries....
2016-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ced007 Posted at 2016-2-10 14:12
Good question. I'm interesting to know too, flying to Florida next summer and would like to take my  ...

I brought my osmo on the plane in my carry on bag, I had zero problems at the check points. Just don't put it in the belly of the plane.
2016-2-10
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

http://www.inspirepilots.com/att ... m-battery-pdf.6347/

Majority of airlines are IATA members and follow IATA standards for handling dangerous goods on flights. Attached is their published information for airline passengers regarding the carriage of lithium batteries for your information/retention.

Edit: Specific to our discussion: ALL CARRY ON. OSMO no Limit, Inspire TB47 no limit (within reasons for customs to be considered as "importing"),Inspire TB48 limited to 2 batteries per passenger, Inspire RC no requirement to carry as hand luggage.
2016-2-11
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

No lithium batteries on handluggage? Well no laptops, mobile phones or portable gaming devices either... seems a bit hard to ban those inside a plane. You would be using these while flying.
2016-2-11
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

J C D Posted at 2016-2-11 22:36
No lithium batteries on handluggage? Well no laptops, mobile phones or portable gaming devices eithe ...

Sealed batteries such as those are No Problem. The problem is spare batteries. Anyway the golden rule is carry them on as hang luggage. Ideally with the connections tapped over & in a zip lock type bag or even a  LiPo bag.
Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 23.05.58.png
2016-2-11
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

I see, maybe i fail to see the security onboard airplanes. As example i could say they serve alcohol onboard... thats stupid.
2016-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules