Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FB scare mongeing ...
12Next >
2135 64 2016-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Hi DJI Tahoe_Ed...
Just a heads up on what is going on in FB .. DJI iNSPIRE 1 OWNERS GROUP...
Not so long ago i was kicked out of this group for sugesting members buy there Inspire direct from DJI...( lynh Phan was responsible) i beileve this group is not serving the interests of DJI... and will be persuading  members to move to Yuneec Typhoon in the future....
delete if not appropriate...
Steven Powter
2016-2-9
Use props
Zbounce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181125 ft
United States

Yes, I think your post should be deleted.
2016-2-9
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why would you suggest that people buy their product directly from DJI? This will be interesting....
2016-2-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-2-10 09:11
Why would you suggest that people buy their product directly from DJI? This will be interesting....

Hi Puttmaster
Yes i would suggest people buy from DJI direct... if you buy through a agent, any contact with DJI has to go through that agent ... keep in mind agents are selling on line like ebay etc...and this can be a nightmare... when you buy direct you can deal with DJI directly... i have bought all my UAV's direct from DJI, they offer great loyalty rewards good prices and any follow up such as prop replacement locks etc are sent to you direct not to the agent... there are many reasons to buy direct this is just a few...
2016-2-9
Use props
ddublu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3741171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let me get this straight..the Facebook group dedicated to the support of the Inspire is pushing people to buy the competition?
2016-2-9
Use props
Mowog2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78944 ft
Australia

Not sure waht to make of this post
2016-2-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup this is a nonsense post

DJI DELETE THIS POST
2016-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yep, complete nonsense post - get rid.
2016-2-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

OK just look at the admin in the FB Yuneec Typhoon H Owners Group its the same as DJI Inspire1 owners group... why do you think that is ?... they have a hidden agenda that is why...
2016-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Stop being so obtuse - do you think that people can only have an interest in one make/model?
There is no agenda with those guys and this discussion has no place being posted on this forum.

Go away. You are making a fool of yourself.
2016-2-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

ddublu Posted at 2016-2-10 09:35
Let me get this straight..the Facebook group dedicated to the support of the Inspire is pushing peop ...

Hi ddublu
The DJI INSPIRE 1 OWNERS GROUP have been pushing the negative on DJI products such as, props flying off, bad service etc for awhile now.... for what reason ? to get inspire owners paranoid  so Lynh Phan can sell his  over priced CF props and to undermine the integrity of the DJI product... the fact that the admin is the same on the competition site speaks for itself...
what a load of crap they push... i have over 200 hours flying the inspire and over 1000 hours flying DJI products, and never had a problem.. this is the information they should be pushing...
2016-2-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-10 11:09
Stop being so obtuse - do you think that people can only have an interest in one make/model?
There i ...

do you know what conflict of interest means ?
2016-2-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-10 11:12
Urm....

Make fun of this post would be my suggestion...

as far as you Paul...
Urm...
no comment...
2016-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

skycam Posted at 2016-2-10 12:05
do you know what conflict of interest means ?

Why yes I do - do you?

Those groups are independent of the manufacturers and are completely run by/for the various user communities by members of those communities. There is no link or tie either financial or otherwise to DJI or Yuneec or anyone else.

They don't owe anything to DJI and have received no benefit / discounts or other inducements, and are not under any contractual agreements or NDA restrictions.   

Those involved in these groups who also sell products are up front and declare their interests as such.
There is no conflict of interest, there is also no relevance to this forum.

As you have seen from the other comments here, you are barking up the wrong tree and making yourself look silly. Stop it. If you want to complain, take it back to FB but don't bore us with irrelevant crap on this forum.
2016-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

skycam Posted at 2016-2-10 11:14
Hi ddublu
The DJI INSPIRE 1 OWNERS GROUP have been pushing the negative on DJI products such as, p ...

What you have posted here is slander and defamation - if I were Lynh I'd be starting legal proceedings against you.

Just shut up with this nonsense.
2016-2-9
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

skycam Posted at 2016-2-9 20:30
Hi Puttmaster
Yes i would suggest people buy from DJI direct... if you buy through a agent, any co ...

I am not sure how it is in Australia, but even during the Obama administration, here in the US we are still a capitalist country, for now. That being said, DJI would have never made it or even survived past a year if it were not for dealers across the globe. Dealers are the lifeline between DJI and the customer. I am all about supporting small businesses and I will always buy from my local dealer, if inventory allows. To say you have to go through your local dealer to get to DJI is nonsense, at least here in the US. Markup for dealers is very small for DJI products, so if I can help them move a few birds, I am all for it. I will buy my props and small accessories directly from DJI because they seem to be the only one to have them in stock lately. As far as the group you speak of, I am a member there. If you do not want to read "the sky is falling" I would suggest to never go there.  A few people over there seem to rally the troops into a DJI bashing party on a continuous basis. All you hear is the so called horror stories. I take them with a grain of salt. You always hear on the news about the small amount of drug deals that went bad. You never hear the thousands upon thousands that went well, each and every day. See what I am saying. Their latest tirade is the quick release props, but if you notice the page manager sells his own props for over around $300 a set.
2016-2-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-10 12:15
What you have posted here is slander and defamation - if I were Lynh I'd be starting legal proceed ...

Man how can you say that... first of all what i have said is the truth, and that is what this post is all about the truth,if you want to disagree no problem,,,2nd this is closed group for DJI owners, (not public)...

let me ask you this... where do you think the members came from for the Yuneec H Typhoon Owners Group...well... all from the DJI Inspire 1 owners group.... this one is for you Paul... i will bet London to a brick the Inspire admin get into bed with this new UAV ... by the way did you know LP is banned from ths forum... poetic justice i believe ....
2016-2-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-10 13:02
I've just been trying to help a guy with an issue with his Inspire. He's in the UK.

He's probably ...

First of all i am not saying ALL dealers are bad, you are lucky to have a dealer with stock and can look after you like that... but that is not always the case, there are many horror storey's out there as well...

i am speaking from my personal experience dealing with DJI direct and have found for me, it is the way to go.....gee Paul you must be one of the unlucky'est people, battery DOA, gimbal issue... i have NEVER had any problems with DJI products...
2016-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

skycam Posted at 2016-2-10 17:01
Man how can you say that... first of all what i have said is the truth, and that is what this post ...

No, what you posted were wild accusations and statements about their actions and intent without any actual proof. That you may believe what you say is irrelevant.

Your statements were out of order and slanderous.

2016-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Who cares about some stupid facebook page? Not i.
2016-2-10
Use props
djbazx
New

United Kingdom

skycam Posted at 2016-2-10 01:30
Hi Puttmaster
Yes i would suggest people buy from DJI direct... if you buy through a agent, any co ...

what about supporting local dji official retail shops i am for local shops
2016-2-10
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

In the UK we are far far better protected by NOT BUYING through DJI.

We have the Sales of Goods Act (1976 as amended) in place which basically means its the dealers problem if it goes wrong and not DJI's

My contract of sale is between me and my dealer and therefore he is legally obligated to put right any defects that manifest themselves within the first six months without argument. After 6 months the onus falls on the buyer to prove there is a fault but still we are protected under SOG.

There are certain nuances and caveats but that's it in a nutshell - Buy through a dealer (in the UK) and you have over and above your statutory rights as a consumer.
2016-2-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-10 12:13
Why yes I do - do you?

Those groups are independent of the manufacturers and are completely run b ...

They don't owe anything to DJI and have received no benefit / discounts or other inducements, and are not under any contractual agreements or NDA restrictions.   
open your eyes Farnk666
They owe everything to DJI without DJI they would not have a group..... and to use and manipulate the members to feather there own nest at DJI expense  is wrong... i was one of the first to join this forum and have seen it change as the members numbers increased... the admin  have $ sign's in their eyes and will delete and kick out anyone that questions them or their motives ... for one i am glad i am out of there...and would suggest to the other members... to get out of there to.... you are being manipulated ....
2016-2-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-10 12:13
Why yes I do - do you?

Those groups are independent of the manufacturers and are completely run b ...

As you have seen from the other comments here, you are barking up the wrong tree and making yourself look silly. Stop it. If you want to complain, take it back to FB but don't bore us with irrelevant crap on this forum.

i would love to take it back to FB but when you are kicked out you are silenced... no come back nothing.., the admin control everything... i don't think i am looking silly and the fact that we are having this conversation neither does the moderator...
2016-2-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

djbazx Posted at 2016-2-10 19:08
what about supporting local dji official retail shops i am for local shops

Agreed in some cases dealers are the way to go... but in other cases buying direct is the way.... it depends on where you live and who the dealer is and how you purchased your item...anyway that is by the way...

let me ask you a question.... do you think a member should be kicked out of a forum for saying  to other members buying your inspire from DJI direct is the way to go ?... because that is what this post is all about forums controlling its members and manipulating what you see to suite their own ends...
2016-2-10
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

You were banned from that group for posting links and vids of dangerous flying practices.

I have since learned of your personal situation and that explains a lot about your behaviour here.
I hope that at some stage you get the care and support you require - from now I won't be interacting with you on this forum.
2016-2-10
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

It is a bit strange - I just send nearly the same message as you to DJI. The group is growing to be very dangerous. Some of the admins are getting a kind of God status. They have now thousands of downloads of Pilot app - a  very old DJI app that requires flying with old FW. Do not tell me that all downloading this Pilot app is experienced pilots. This will of course violate your garantee. I also wonder how Apple will react to such a use of developer accounts to spread very outdated SW. There will of course be different opinions about this FB Group but to say that the discussion around this has nothing to do here is a bit strange to me.  

As to the discussion of where to buy your DJI products - I simply do not know what is best. ( Myself bought at a local dealer and are pleased)
2016-2-10
Use props
ddublu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3741171 ft
  • >>>
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-10 08:45
It is a bit strange - I just send nearly the same message as you to DJI. The group is growing to be  ...

Oh hey, Nils......You got caught up in quite the shitstorm yesterday, didn't you?

Battery voltage drops, QR props flying off and now the transmit power disparity between the same models. Almost 4x more power with one version of the Pro. Did you get the other version? That sucks. Did you even know about this? Not without that Facebook group you didn't.

I find it comical that folks want to bury their heads in the sand and assume a multi-billion dollar company is taking care of you and doing the right thing. No way I'll ever buy directly from DJI. If you have an issue, sure....I'm sure they will handle it for you......2-3 weeks later. An authorized dealer is ready to act and get you back in the air with little to no wait. I actually had my first Inspire replaced and replacement sent out same day I received defective one. Give that a try directly through DJI. The best part? You still get the Chinese New Year templates and badges no matter where you order so we all have that to look forward to.

No one is forced to buy the more expensive prop setup - if you don't want them the stock DJI screw-ons are much safer than the QRs.

One more thing...Steven, which username are you using on the group now? Just so we can keep an eye out.
2016-2-10
Use props
stephen.airhead
New

United States

I don't care about a Facebook group, I don't care about anyones "Status online". I care about a working rig that I paid $4400 US for. I am sick of mandatory updates that happen overnight when I have shoots to go to. I am sick of finding out that because I was dumb enough to purchase a$4400 machine early in the year, I got a substandard unit (and don;t try to dismiss this).

I made a few calls to DJI and was basically told the information was false, which turns out is a straight lie. Perhaps if loyal, paying customers were not lied to, taken advantage of and used as beta testers, a group like that FB page would not need to exist.

I own a lot of professional rigs, MANY flying on A2's and WKM's, some have Zenmuse gimbals, i own a P3P, an I1P, and OSMO and I am really getting sick of the "DJI run-a-round".

If you sell a product as a professional product, then make sure it can perform day in day out.

I am an experienced pilot, probably more experienced than 95% of the people who own Inspire 1's and I have to say, I do not have the confidence in my rig to take it on important jobs.

If people stopped being DJI fanboys, and treated DJI like a company who produces a product you could see past your own nose.

If any of you purchased a car that needed firmware updates every two weeks to hopefully/maybe work properly, have a battey that to make it work properly and not have your car just stop working and crash, after every ten rides, you need to run down the battery to zero while driving "2 inches the ground" to "calibrate it". How can a professional with 10 - 20 batteries "calibrate fly" ALL his/her batteries every 10 cycles? That is insane. I have used lipo batteries for YEARS and never had to do this nonsense. A simple balance conditioning charge was plenty, and I never had to run the batts down to do it.
back to the car, SO you purchase it because of an ad that states it has 500 horsepower, and then you find out you that because you bought the car early you only got 250 horsepower but the selling company states  "there is no difference"  would you REALLY BE OK WITH All OF THIS?!?!? The answer is NO.?

DJI needs to step it up. I am REALLY frustrated in this company. The Inspire Pro is a wonderful piece of technology, but it's almost impossible to take it seriously as a professional when you can't rely on it on a daily basis, and you need to spend more time updating the firmware and conditioning the batteries to keep it safe than flying it.

COME ON DJI, DO BETTER.
2016-2-10
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

ddublu Posted at 2016-2-10 22:25
Oh hey, Nils......You got caught up in quite the shitstorm yesterday, didn't you?

Battery voltag ...

I am not aware of any shitstorm - but trust me I can imagine it was. When you pick in someones God you will get shitstorm. I can live with that. Nevertheless it stands that the group is very dangerous for new pilots imo.
2016-2-10
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

This is Hilarious!! Come back Bob! All is forgiven.
2016-2-10
Use props
DroneFotos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 397054 ft
  • >>>
Norway

skycam Posted at 2016-2-10 03:33
OK just look at the admin in the FB Yuneec Typhoon H Owners Group its the same as DJI Inspire1 owner ...

This is NOT unusual, i am admin in LILY, AIRDOG and HEXO owners groups, does it mean that i can't talk about the benefits of each...?
2016-2-10
Use props
DroneFotos
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

Just to clarify where i stand on how to buy a unit.

You are normally better to buy from a reseller, for many reasons, like for me, i can pay the full retail price from DJI, with no benefit, OR i can buy from a local dealer who because i spend so much money with them, gives me discount, oh and i get the local country warranty, which means i get 2 years...

So buy for full price get one year and no one to talk to, or cheaper and 2 year warranty... Mmmm Let me think, only an idiot would think buying from DJI direct has a benefit for most people it doesn't...!

Also, if there wasn't any problems, then there would be no need to discuss them... Batteries are shutting down, props are falling off, and having to have the latest FW is ridiculous... DJI is the only company that insist on this, yet when i bought my drone the software it came from was good enough, so why do i HAVE to update...? That to me says that the software was not good enough when i bought it if i must update it, and as such it would fall foul of sales of goods laws, warranty is something DJI are known to screw people with, i don't have to worry about it, i am covered because i live in a country that doesn't allow such shit to happen...!

I hope you all sort your problems out, but slating a group that has done nothing but support people for the last year, is not really achieving anything, and saying it should be shut down, right good luck with that... Absolutely ridiculous thing to assume will happen...!
2016-2-10
Use props
DroneFotos
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

It is always funny to read someone one sided story...

Anyway, as i understand things you where posting videos that where considered dangerous flying, and where warned about it, and when people told you you got argumentative about things.

So i looked for myself, and as a pro, or supposedly professional pilot, i actually have to say, i am a little shocked by how you fly, invade peoples privacy and just take it upon yourself to film stuff, like the fishermen, it must of been there fault they cast there lines at you because you where filming them, and your videos using royalty free music, you only get to use it for free if you credit the rightful owners, which you don't.

As such SKYCAM, i can't really see what you have to moan about, as you certainly don't act very professionally...!!!
2016-2-10
Use props
Hometurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2516 ft

United States

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-2-9 23:39
I am not sure how it is in Australia, but even during the Obama administration, here in the US we  ...

WTF does Obama have to do with this conversation...now you need to take that crap off this site!!!
2016-2-10
Use props
Hometurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2516 ft

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-10 02:08
That's fair enough. I don't think I suggested that you were implying such a thing, especially as ...

Hey Paul you are a man of few words
2016-2-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-10 20:24
You were banned from that group for posting links and vids of dangerous flying practices.

I have si ...

Farnk666... i dont know who told you that rubbish but it is totaly untrue ...  i have ms messages from Curtis to prove what i said ... ask whoever told you this to show you proof like the posts and links they claim i made.. it will never happen because it is not true...
as for you my friend you sound like a LP butt kisser... report back to your master you mindless jackass  or should i say sheep.. which one is you in your photo?
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

skycam Posted at 2016-2-11 05:33
Farnk666... i dont know who told you that rubbish but it is totaly untrue ...  i have ms messages  ...

Come on, let's all play nice here and stop the personal attacks towards other people.
And that's for every user on this forum.
2016-2-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-10 21:45
Skycam, if this statement were true, I wouldn't have lasted long here. Look at some of the stuff ...

Ahhh Paul... when i first came on this forum i did not know anybody and unfortunately for me i got involved in a negative way with you... i am no match for you in a war of words and i learnt my lesson ...
however i will say this... this forum is very tolerant and we are fortunate to have a site like this.... and yes you woud not last long on FB forums... your posts and comments would be deleted and you would kicked out...
2016-2-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

DroneFotos Posted at 2016-2-11 04:06
It is always funny to read someone one sided story...

Anyway, as i understand things you where post ...

DroneFotos.... you to have been told a lot of lies what i said is true... the admin are trying to protect themselves ... what a load of crap they are feeding you...
if you want to talk about unsafe flying ask LP and all the other cronys what their distance record is at the moment ... just yesterday LP was encouraging a member to try for 10km,when the member voiced concerns on not getting back, LP replyed its a one way trip .. what have you got to say about that?
2016-2-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules