My dji Customer Service Experience and a brief message to EU support.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all,

With all the negativity in the forums (I understand it can be a first port of call in a negative situation) I thought I would share my own experience of dji customer service.

I live in the UK, so my view is for the EU support team specifically.

I bought my P3A back in November of last year. I didn't have many chances to fly it initially, only racking up an hour overall of flight time. Two weeks after new year, I went to fly at a large park in my city. Before I go anywhere, I do pre-flight checks all over. I spotted a crack on the rear right motor support, it ran across two of the screws on the lower half of the body.

I was obviously initially very disappointed, never crashed, always gentle or auto landings if I couldn't hand catch. I mean, I literally baby this thing.

So I messaged dji on Facebook, got a reply within a couple of hours to apologise and refer me to the email and phone numbers for EU support. No dis-respect to call centres or operators, but I always prefer to use email, I just find I can explain everything more clearly if I can read it back to myself. So I emailed and got a reply in less than 24 hours, each time I replied a reply came back with the answers to my questions.

I was given a tracking reference for the warranty repair and advised so early on that the repair would be at no cost to me and return shipping would also be on dji.

All I had to do was cover the shipping to the Netherlands, this prospect concerned me a little, but I had some good recommendations from people and eventually settled for UPS at £36 including cover up to £750.

They collected the bird, battery and controller on a Friday (29/01) and delivered to the Netherlands EU repair centre the following Tuesday (02/02) tracking updating info all the time. dji emailed me to advise they had received the unit and by 05/02 it had updated to "Repaired and Tested".

On 08/02 they emailed to advise my repaired unit had been shipped via UPS who also emailed to tell me the parcel was en-route with all the tracking info constantly updating, just the other way around.

I collected my Phantom from a UPS collect point this evening (10/02) got it all home and unboxed it. I'm not ashamed to say, I felt the same level of excitement as when I first unboxed it back in November.

I have a replaced complete shell (with a pack of stickers
2016-2-10
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

a new SD card and a brand new RC (due to controller shell distortion which I was not even aware of) the repair receipt lists all the tests that were carried out, the parts that were replaced and the final flight test and imaging result before the operator signed everything off to shipping.  dji, for me you have done exactly as you should and fulfilled your obligation entirely.  To sum up, thank you for your support and in return you shall continue to receive mine and please continue the good work you have started now in looking after your customers.
2016-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules