1693 6 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just shipped my inspire 1 pro controller out to DBS Mods, there going install a long range antenna booster for $209.00 dollars us. Anybody used this type of antenna and if so what are your results?
2016-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nobody????????
2016-2-11
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not but I am interested in your results / review
2016-2-11
Use props
dsinfiel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15006946 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me as well
2016-2-11
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2629813 ft
United States

I installed the DBS antenna myself about 4 months ago and have been very happy with it.  I am not an extreme long range flyer, but wanted to have a more rock solid signal at the 1/2 mile to 1 mile range.  This antenna gives me just that!
In my normal flying, (usually within the ½ mile range), I have no dropouts, nor image disruptions, just a nice solid signal.  I also have a bit better penetration through trees.  Nowhere near as good as the 900MHz band transmission systems, but for the 2.4Ghz band it is better than the stock antennas.
In addition, the best part is that you will now have two SMA connectors on the outside of your radio Tx, that your new DBS antenna connects to.  Now, if you ever want to fly a really long flight, you can buy a pair of long range 2.4 GHz yaggi type antennas, mount them on tripods or poles and connect the wires from them to the SMA connectors on your Tx.  Then you will have an extreme long range setup!
2016-2-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tkeeg Posted at 2016-2-11 13:23
I installed the DBS antenna myself about 4 months ago and have been very happy with it.  I am not an ...

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what I want it for. I'm not a long range flyer it's just I'm sick of the live feed dropping out when I get 1000 ft away.
2016-2-11
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2629813 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-11 13:47
Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what I want it for. I'm not a long range flyer it's just I'm ...

I think that you will be very happy with it.
I looked at the competition before deciding on the DBS and picked it, in part, because of the nice neat form factor.  It doesn't have the spiral antennas sticking out just waiting for catch on something like the other brand does.  That was a big plus in my book.
I fly regularly from my back yard to a small park about a half mile away and always have a perfect 5 bar signal on both control & video.
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules