Question to the forum, and Mods as well
1242 24 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ah, there seems to be some pilot disagreement, where the strap of the @DJI branded hardshell backpack should be placed.
I immediately noticed the retangular cutout, where the safety strap evidently should be placed, that's under the two RC antennas.
Yet others feel it is completely safe to place that strap over the antenna, placing unnecessary force, down, upon then delicate points.
Could somebody please state the obvious, and suggest, the safest, smartest way possible, for that strap to be buckled...?

I take the extra care placing mine under- below them antenna, while others don't seem to realize the stress created, if on top, once the lid is closed and zipped shut.

Love to hear all of your opinions and methods... Eh, careful where you aim that, but please Shoot away. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-10
Use props
JaxBchFlyer
lvl.2

United States

Under for me.
2016-2-10
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Is there a picture to illustrate this?
2016-2-10
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3 travels so well in the DJI back pack! Take the top foam out and there's room for your iPad air 2 or Mini 2/4 under the foam insert.
I love it! {:3_48:}
Fits perfectly in aircraft overhead storage on 737/A319/A320 and larger aircraft. I likewise raise the antenna and buckle the strap and then lower the antenna over the strap so that the antenna aren't constrained.
ONE note of caution for the backpack! If you extend your control sticks for greater leverage control by unscrewing the knurled tops of the control stick, please remember to screw them back down before you put the RC into the backpack! The RC is a tight fit in the backpack. With extended control sticks, any pressure on the end of the backpack will punch your control sticks right out of the RC... (Wonder how I know that )
2016-2-10
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

I put all of mine over the top but I never tighten them very tight. I rely on the top of the shell to actually secure the components.
2016-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

While the strap is over top, notice the lid is a wee bit tighter to close?
Wonder where that extra pressure is derived...?

RedHotPoker
2016-2-10
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

I originally put mine over and was always quite worried about it. I figure out I could put it under the aerials, and have done so ever since.
2016-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-10 17:18
The P3 travels so well in the DJI back pack! Take the top foam out and there's room for your iPad ai ...

Day one, while still in the parking lot of Vistek Photography. I had discovered my case was a bit too small for the RC. Then I realized my error, and turned down the extended sticks, as well. ;-)
I even Surprised myself, that it took me several minutes to clue in. ;-)
Like kid gloves, the Fit and Finish is par excellence, bar none. Hehe

RedHotPoker
2016-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

nrgwise Posted at 2016-2-10 17:09
Is there a picture to illustrate this?

Yes, many... ;-)

Pull them labels from the motor shafts as well. Hehe

RedHotPoker
2016-2-10
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Is that one yours? Removed the stripes eh?
Debadging the Bird?

I was thinking about taking all the "extra" colors they give you and put all of them on just to see what it would look like..lol
2016-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

No, that's a stock pic off of the www.
I wouldn't leave them plastic sleeves on my antenna either. Hehe

Just pointing out, how they are portrayed, very wrong. ;-)

If those antenna are so weakly joined, to the RC body, perhaps placing the security strap underneath is a preventive measure we must adhere to?

RedHotPoker
2016-2-10
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Definitely under the antenna.
2016-2-11
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Now, on your toil

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-10 16:42
Wonder where that extra p ...

Under,  exactly for that reason.

Now,  do you mount the toilet paper so the loose end goes over or hangs under the roll?

2016-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Up Over, I like to see the paisley rolling down...
It's only printed on one side. Do You know why?

RedHotPoker
2016-2-11
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

I bought the manfrotto backpack that is rebranded DJI.  I think it is a much better quality pack. And SO much more comfortable!  But, it is quite a bit more money.... But everything fits very nicely in the manfrotto pack. no issues at all.
2016-2-11
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

there is so much cintravoursey on the remote. some say it goes in sideways, upside down, right side up. Who knows?? I put mine right side up and strap under that antennas. Dji, Pease comment on this!!
2016-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@DJI-Ken,
What say yee, kind Sir?
The safety strap, Over the top, or Underneath??

RedHotPoker
2016-2-11
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-10 19:42
Wonder where that extra p ...

Never noticed it. I do put my tablet between the foam and top shell in my P3S case but never in my P3P case just for that reason. I see more threads about windsurfers breaking the antennas on the P3P and P3A remote controlls then them being broke in the case while transporting.
2016-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Trying to get insight into others methods, but I would be reluctant to point out my own stupidity.
But love to read others mistakes, in the hope of preventing forum members from following them bad habits.

Personally, I couldn't really care how others treat their models. Do as you wish, and good luck, in your methology.
If you can afford the high cost to buy them, then collecting the funds for repairs should be a breeze.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-11
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Common Dji, answer us! Whenever we actuallyhave a question for Dji they seam to never reply unless it's something to do with technical. Hmmph
2016-2-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-12 07:44
@DJI-Ken,
What say yee, kind Sir?
The safety strap, Over the top, or Underneath??

I put mine under so there's no pressure on the antennas. No one said how it's supposed to be done I just thought it's safer that way.
I also put my iPad Air and Hoodivision sunshade between the foam and top shell.
I love the back pack.
2016-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Thank you. @DJI-Ken, I understand that some hardshell backpack users are placing the RC into the case, upside down.
Is there any harm, danger or benefit in this procedure?

RedHotPoker
2016-2-11
Use props
Vasek
lvl.2

Czechia

Always under
2016-2-21
Use props
bryn1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If you place the RC upside down in the back pack so that the tablet holder is closest to the aircraft you will notice that the aluminium bar on the base of the RC sits on a foam shelf and the tablet holder in it's stowed position sits against the foam lining.

When the RC is stowed this way the antenna do not rest on anything nothing touches them and they are better protected, that's how I store mine anyway.
2016-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes true about the bar, but mine won't close this way.
The metal bar is in the way, this prevents the RC from being pushed all the way in.
So the RC is sticking up past the point it would be top side up.

I figure some of these bottom foam inserts are cut slightly different, than others.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules