How doI upgrade rc firmware from 1.2.6 to 1.5.7
2016-2-10
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Assuming you have a P3P or P3A with the GL300A Remote Controller... Is the aircraft also at 1.2.6?

Firmware v1.3.20 was the last RC firmware package that you manually installed using the USB port on the RC. After v1.3.20, the GO App will download the RC firmware, stage it, and apply the firmware upgrades. So from v1.2.6, you will need to first upgrade your RC to v1.3.20 the old fashion way using the usb port on the Remote Controller.

First download the v1.3.20 firmware for your aircraft:
P3P or P3A. The v1.3.20 package downloads as a compressed ZIP packages. Open the package and put just the .BIN file on the sd card reader or usb stick (nothing else, just the BIN file).

If you don't have a usb stick or sd card reader, then reply back and there is a way to use the sd card placed into the camera/gimbal and connecting the RC via USB cable. But I'd rather you not place the v1.3.20 into the aircraft until you confirm the aircraft firmware version!

With the RC turned off and mobile device disconnected, insert the card reader or usb stick. Power on the RC and wait about 60 - 90 seconds and the left most led should turn blue and the RC will start beeping. Wait for it to turn GREEN and quit beeping. Then shut down the RC. (If the led turns RED, then the update failed.)

Once your on v1.3.20, connect your mobile device and launch the GO App with internet connectivity. DJI Go will see your RC firmware version and tell you that you need to update. With your OK, the GO App will download and stage the new RC firmware and prompt you to update. With your OK, it will update your RC to v1.5.70
2016-2-10
Use props
jimgould
New

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-10 20:22
Assuming you have a P3P or P3A with the GL300A Remote Controller... Is the aircraft also at 1.2.6?

I have the Phantom  3 Advanced with a GL300B controller.  Aircraft has firmware version 1.6..4.  I got there by loading the 1.3.2 version, then the 1.6.4. Used a card reader. Controller currently has 1.2.6.  I have tried reinstalling the DJI GO app after first removing it from my mobile device as recommended by DJI support.   They say the controller update is gotten from DJI GO app.  After two tries the controller still has 1.2.6  Initially tried updating from the Phantom after installing 1.6.4 firmware.  Was unsuccessful.  DJI wants me to send unit in for repair.  A friend who helped install 1.6.4 thinks this might be avoided.  Your help is appreciated.
2016-2-10
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimgould Posted at 2016-2-11 10:33
I have the Phantom  3 Advanced with a GL300B controller.  Aircraft has firmware version 1.6..4.  I ...

Interesting because the GL300B should have come with the 1.3.20 firmware installed and as Support notes, should have always been updated via the GO App. Are you seeing the 1.2.6 version in the GO App under General Settings/About? And what mobile device are you using?
2016-2-10
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimgould Posted at 2016-2-11 10:33
I have the Phantom  3 Advanced with a GL300B controller.  Aircraft has firmware version 1.6..4.  I ...

Notes from a very old thread:

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your GO app, however, according to previous posts, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 20 remote controllers have been updated in this way). Here's a video of the four(4) finger salute:

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (A couple of remote controllers have been updated in this way).

Third, the remote controller won’t update any ways.
Solution: the 1.2.0 Android app had a bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app solved this bug. (Many more remote controllers have been updated in this way).
2016-2-10
Use props
jimgould
New

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-10 21:39
Interesting because the GL300B should have come with the 1.3.20 firmware installed and as Support  ...

GO app version is 2.6.0, aircraft 1.6.4 and remote 1.2.6  I am using an IPhone 6 form my mobile device
2016-2-12
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimgould Posted at 2016-2-12 22:52
GO app version is 2.6.0, aircraft 1.6.4 and remote 1.2.6  I am using an IPhone 6 form my mobile de ...

Please try the four button reset -  C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO - shown above. It should force a reload of the latest firmware.

Just for info, on the iOS devices, there is a folder (hidden) .firmdir that the GO App downloads the RC firmware to stage it for transfer to the RC. The current RC firmware is C1_FW_V01.05.0070.bin and the GO App downloads it from http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/C1_FW_V01.05.0070.bin

If that still fails, then as a last resort, you might try updating the RC the old manual way. Put the 1.3.20 for your P3A from http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... are_v1.3.20__en.zip and open the zip file. Put the .bin fie on a usb stick and insert it into your RC. Power on just the RC and wait about 60-90 seconds. If the left-most LED turns blue, then the RC is updating and it will start beeping. Wait for the beeping to stop and the status LED to turn GREEN. Power off the RC and then connect your mobile device. Once on 1.3.20, the GO App should do the rest....
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimgould Posted at 2016-2-12 22:52
GO app version is 2.6.0, aircraft 1.6.4 and remote 1.2.6  I am using an IPhone 6 form my mobile de ...

Download 1.3 firmware and but only the BIN file onto your SD card and then us a USB adapter and put it in the RC. Instructions are on the PDF on 1.3. Then after that all updates to the RC will be done through the app and you can update the RC to 1.5.7
2016-2-12
Use props
fansa7034fdd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51631 ft
United States

How to Upgrade RC Firmware Micro SD Card on DJI Phantom 4 Pro+
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules