xfiniti wifi interference ???
648 3 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

Today when I was flying at my cousins home, the community that he lives in has xfiniti wifi signals being broadcast throughout the community (Comcast/Xfiniti is the provider for cable tv for their homeowners association), My contoller reported a poor signal with alot of interference and I kept getting poor video feed from my Phantom, has everyone experienced this problem in areas where there is wifi throughout the community?
2016-2-10
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hi nrechtman, I fly near an University Campus which would have WiFi access points all over it and experienced poor performance, it's pretty normal in areas with lots of other WiFi Signals, and campus or other large area networks are probably using higher power/longer range WiFi which will be making it even worse:
score.png
2016-2-10
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

What P3 model are you piloting?
For the P3P/A with Lightbridge, take a look at THIS old thread about interference and channel selection. Or  look at DJI-Tim's newer thread HERE.

If you've got the P3S or 4K, the GO App just shows you Good or Poor quality radio. Not the channels. And you can not select. BUMMER!
2016-2-10
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-11 12:11
What P3 model are you piloting?
For the P3P/A with Lightbridge, take a look at THIS old thread abou ...

I have a P3P, I was experiencing the poor signal with it from the time I turned it on while on the ground and taking it up to 100 feet to see if the signal got any better which it didn't in that area, when I got home I flew again and had great signal with no problems, so Im guessing it was the xfiniti wifi system in the area, this was a large adult community .

Thanks for the help,
2016-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules