X5 - Who's Sensor is DJI using?
1860 5 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DDM
lvl.2

United States

Does anybody know who they are getting the sensor for this micro 4/3 camera from? If it is panasonic (like with the X3 it is Sony) then I wonder what chipset because this thing is no way as functional in image quality as a GH4 at this point. Kind of ironic since it costs more!!!! (with the lens)
2016-2-10
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

Word is that the X5 and X3 use Amberella A9.  I haven't heard official work on the sensor, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be the same chip as in the GH4.  It's not like DJI would design their own chip and who else would have  a chip with the same specs that is cheaper to use?
2016-2-10
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

It cost more because of the gimbal and you ever tried tie wraping your gh4 to your inspire? I dont think so lol so its a good price for what we get super stable and adjustable aperture and settings.
2016-2-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2016-2-11 20:49
It cost more because of the gimbal and you ever tried tie wraping your gh4 to your inspire? I dont t ...

Thanks for your kind comment!
2016-2-15
Use props
DDM
lvl.2

United States

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-2-10 21:06
Word is that the X5 and X3 use Amberella A9.  I haven't heard official work on the sensor, but I can ...

HI Casey,

I didn't mean whos DSP chip I meant who's image sensor. i.e. the X3 is a Sony Exmore sensor. I suspect this might be a panasonis 4/3 sensor. Which is probably made by sony as well! I just don't know and wondered if anybody else knew.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your concern!

please just refer to the X5R product webpage for the detail specification. http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/info#specs
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules