Convert Progressive into Interlaced?
4679 2 2016-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingbodders
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm wondering if its possible to convert OSMO progressive video into interlaced video?  I need to do this to make it match some other HD interlaced footage I have.

If I shoot 1080P 50 frames it should theroetically be possible to turn this video into 1080i 25.  Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
2016-2-11
Use props
ryannorthcott.g
lvl.1

Canada

I have no idea why you would want to do that but you will need to first conform the 50p footage into a 25p and then export same as source.
Then in whatever encoding program you use you will be able to encode the outputted file from the previous step into interlaced.

For example on Adobe - create a premiere project in 25p, bring the footage in and create a new sequence with it, export same as source.
Then bring it into media encoder and select whichever interlaced option you like. To preserve quality I would do ProRes 1080i if you are on a mac.
2016-2-12
Use props
offenberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4352438 ft
  • >>>

Hi,

I guess you have an answer by now. Actually depending on your editing program you use your 50p material on a 50i timeline. Most programs do the conversion automatically.

But actually we do have some major issues with footage out of a phantom 4. All the fine lines start to do weird things once transcoded from 50p to 50i. Doesn't look nice.

2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules