Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X3 Camera keeps crashing, lose all camera functions
1736 10 2016-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filmscum
lvl.1

United States

X3 Camera keeps "crashing"
Hey Guys ran into a major issue today. My I1 V2 with X3 will record for a few seconds then all of the camera info will say N/A. It will do it when recording or not actually, after about 20 seconds when all info is there it will just go to N/A across the board. Still have an image and gimbal controls still work. I have tried 4 different micro SD cards (all formatted in camera and Go app) and does it on all of them. Even put it on my Osmo and same thing. When it happens a reboot will bring it back but then after a bit it happens again. In the aircraft status pane it will say gimbal disconnected but as I said still have image and gimbal controls it's just the camera functions that are greed out.

Anyone ever heard of or experienced this?

2016-2-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a problem with my OSMO and the SD chip was not seated in the slot.

Make sure the SD card is completely snapped into position. Check the spring lock (maybe) it is not holding the SD card inside tightly. Or make sure it is clean inside the camera, use some dry air to blow out the opening and try it again

Rich

2016-2-11
Use props
filmscum
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-11 21:20
I had a problem with my OSMO and the SD chip was not seated in the slot.

Make sure the SD card is  ...

Thanks Rich I tried that and no joy. The fact that the Inspire thinks the gimbal is disconnected when it happens tells me it is a problem with the entire unit, and also that it happens on both the I1 and Osmo. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to send it in to DJI NA.
2016-2-12
Use props
Colin Aldred
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1164613 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

filmscum Posted at 2016-2-12 14:51
Thanks Rich I tried that and no joy. The fact that the Inspire thinks the gimbal is disconnected w ...

I have been having exactly the same problem with both my Inspire and the Osmo. I thought it was the X3 camera/gimbal unit so bought another, but the problem is still occurring with the brand new X3 camera/gimbal. Did you solve your problem? Can you offer me any advice? Cheers!
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Colin Aldred Posted at 2016-6-17 06:15
I have been having exactly the same problem with both my Inspire and the Osmo. I thought it was th ...

Just to clarify, did you notice this issue after a firmware update or is this an out of box issue? What is the most current firmware on your unit? What kind of LEDs are you getting from the aircraft and camera?
2016-6-16
Use props
jonhardison
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93120 ft
United States

Sorry y'all.  I've got nothing to add - just having exactly the same problem.  Same exact setup.  It's all very frustrating.
The only visual indication you have that something has gone wrong is the shutter button grays out.

And when you restart you've goto to so the "wait 30 seconds" thing so your video isn't completely corrupted.  On my last run I lost about 6 minutes of footage.
I'll try Rich's suggestion but this unit is less than a week old and has been in the case at all times it wasn't flying.  Dust or obstruction isn't likely.

And to answer your question, DJI Jamie, I haven't the slightest idea.  My setup was delivered on FW revision back, so the first thing I did was update everything.
Have you any information that would suggest this could be related to a the firmware update?
And if so, is it worth rolling back everything?  I don't know what the latest update addressed so I'm a bit in the dark.

Thanx,
Jon-
2016-7-3
Use props
jonhardison
lvl.1
United States

Just some notes from a few tests:

I think this is going to be a connectivity issue or maybe a heat problem.
I did clean out the sd slot and here's what happened.
Recorded video without flying and it ran for 10 minutes.
Three tests in pretty stable flight recording at 1080/60:
1) Died at 5:14 (feed continued to work)
2) Died at 2:53 (feed continued to work)
3) Died at 3:12 (video feed went gray - flight became a little unstable)

Also note that lightly tapping the vibration absorbing board seemed to scramble the feed which lost frames, color.
The video written to the sd card was intact and without error and I didn't continue tapping to see if I could completely disrupt gimbal connectivity.

I do think this should be enough for DJI to be able to recreate the problem though.  This consistent problem renders this product 100% useless to me which is great as I have trips planned that involve its use. >.<

Regarding my previous message, I hadn't lost 6 minutes of footage.  It was apparently 6 minutes before I realized there was a problem.  LOL!
2016-7-3
Use props
jonhardison
lvl.1
United States

Cleaned the connection between the gimbal and the drone.
Flew like an idiot.  Jerked like crazy. (terrible video)
Didn't quit or even jitter once.

Problem solved for me.  Thank Goodness!!!
2016-7-3
Use props
Colin Aldred
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1164613 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 00:11
Just to clarify, did you notice this issue after a firmware update or is this an out of box issue? ...

I solved the problem. I ran some speed tests on my SD cards and they were woeful. I bought a Sandisk Extreme Plus and have not had any more problems.
2016-9-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Colin Aldred Posted at 2016-9-3 17:30
I solved the problem. I ran some speed tests on my SD cards and they were woeful. I bought a Sandi ...

Thanks for coming back with the solution , so often members figure it out and dont realize other members could use the information for future reference.

well done

donnie
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Colin Aldred Posted at 2016-9-4 06:30
I solved the problem. I ran some speed tests on my SD cards and they were woeful. I bought a Sandi ...

Thank you for the update, glad to hear you were able to get yourself up and running.
2016-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules