Help Connecting the Phantom 2 Vision to GPS Etc
1466 5 2015-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick
New

United Kingdom

Hi there,

I bought the Phantom Vision 2 Quadcopter (Without Gimbal and Camera)

I then bought the Walkera G2D gimbal and attached that and my gopro 4 to the Phantom Vision 2.

My question is, how can i connect the DJI Phantom App to my GoPro camera, or my Phantom 2. I want to be able to set the auto home point and also add waypoints for autonomous waypoint travel. Does it connect to the Phantom directly or is GPS dictated by the camera connection?

If so, how do i use the app if i dont have a DJI camera but instead the GoPro?

Any help would be great

Nick
2015-1-5
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

Hi nick,

If you bought a vision without camera, then do you mean a phantom 2 (non vision)?
You can't use your gopro for the Phantom APP, It can not connect!
The homepoint for "Return to home" funktion is set automatically everytime you take off (rapid green flashes).
2015-1-5
Use props
nick
New

United Kingdom

Yes a phantom 2,

shame the camera cant connect...so how do i do waypoint travel etc? So if i wanted to set say 4 waypoints at different locations and altitude? Can i do that with the equipment i have?

Thanks for getting back to me

2015-1-5
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

No, sorry you can't. This only works with the vision (DJI camera)
2015-1-5
Use props
nick
New

United Kingdom

Thats a shame, hopefully in the future they will add support for the GoPro series of cameras, seems silly as they are supported by the Phantom..
2015-1-5
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

That would be great, but I highly doubt this. For that to work, the companies DJI and GoPro  would have to work together, but infact they more or less quit their team effort. For the H3-2D gimbal, the gopro connected with the gimbal directly through the interface at the back of the camera. GoPro wanted more $$ from DJI for this. DJI said "no" and built a "workaround" for the H3-3D gimbal, using the tiny ribbon cable to slot into the USB-Port of the camera.
2015-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules