Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo x5 adapter new
12Next >
5250 55 2016-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

There a new aluminum osmo x5 adapter on ebay, it works with x5 and x3 and give you extra clearence so you can work the pan button with the x5 on the handle. Big drawback is he wants 100 dollars for one adapter. Go to ebay type in dji osmo x5 adapter. One way or another will get or x5 working with or without DJI's help. Its just not right that people invest 2500.0 dollars for something that still does not work 4 month after they purchased it.
2016-2-12
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

It seems like an awful lot of money.  I wonder what technique is used to lift the electronic connection plate.  Once the official adapter comes out, the DIY adapters aren't going to be ideal since the camera will be expected to be facing the other way in the firmware.
2016-2-12
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Flight distance : 137953 ft

Hi, I would not waste any money on a DIY osmo adapters, just wait till DJI release's the official one.
The release of DJI adapter, suppose to be out in March I heard, same time as the X5R camera
2016-2-12
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Printed 3d version works perfect for me! I shot a lil video tonight testing my new lens Olympus M Zuiko 12mm
2016-2-12
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

https://youtu.be/XiwJWVEjdsw
2016-2-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cory W Posted at 2016-2-12 22:27
Hi, I would not waste any money on a DIY osmo adapters, just wait till DJI release's the official on ...

I really don't believe there is ever going to be an adapter for the osmo handle, I think we're going to see a new osmo just for the x5 and x5r. It will have a different mount to accommodate the x3 and x5 and a bigger battery and a different microphone setup. Most people bought the osmo handle for the inspire 1 x3 camera. Maybe they'll have a trade in program for the people who bought the osmo handle for the x5,
2016-2-13
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-13 23:54
I really don't believe there is ever going to be an adapter for the osmo handle, I think we're goi ...

It's exactly what I am thinking.
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cory W Posted at 2016-2-13 11:27
Hi, I would not waste any money on a DIY osmo adapters, just wait till DJI release's the official on ...

Great! Thanks for your patience!
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-13 21:54
I really don't believe there is ever going to be an adapter for the osmo handle, I think we're goi ...

DJI won't like to risk its credit with the customers. Please just pay attention to DJI official release about the coming Adapter. Thanks!
2016-2-14
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-14 09:17
DJI won't like to risk its credit with the customers. Please just pay attention to DJI official re ...

in the offing?  who knows!!!!
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

galearic Posted at 2016-2-14 18:24
in the offing?  who knows!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day today!
2016-2-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-14 05:56
Happy Valentine's Day today!

Are you a robot?
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm not a robot.
2016-2-15
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

It looks like DJI hired her(?) a few weeks ago.  Initially, I was baffled by Adela's posts, but now I find Adela to be the most entertaining thing on the forum.  When our frustration with DJI's customer service becomes almost unbearable, you can be sure that Adela will show up to lighten the mood.  "I am not a robot."  priceless.
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-2-16 13:11
It looks like DJI hired her(?) a few weeks ago.  Initially, I was baffled by Adela's posts, but no ...

Thanks for your comment!
I think we're supposed to be friendly, respectful and helpful. When we come across any problem, I just wanna we can solve it together in a peace way and for our mutual benefits.
In my opinion, keeping a happy, good mood is very important in our life. Here, our DJI Forum is like a big family, we have the same concerns or goals or missions, and that why we come here, so it's my pleasure to make a more relaxing atmosphere here.

Any of your feedback about my service will be appreciated, and I'll try my best to improve.
Thanks a lot!
2016-2-15
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the latest on the X5 being compatible with the OSMO?  Is it available yet?
2016-2-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2016-2-21 07:15
What is the latest on the X5 being compatible with the OSMO?  Is it available yet?

I heard it might be announced March 1st and will be available around september
2016-2-21
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-15 07:20
Are you a robot?

LMAO #dead
2016-2-22
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-21 07:48
I heard it might be announced March 1st and will be available around september

lol wow september...
2016-2-22
Use props
mazurlazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

I just did a shoot with the X5 on both the Inspire 1 and the OSMO handle with the 3D printed adapter.

Here's a quick montage I put together from the shoot -

The functionality was limited but the footage is still pretty impressive. Unfortunately DJI continues to be a company with great products but terrible customer service. I'm glad that I got the adapter from ebay because otherwise I would still have a $3,000 paper weight. Let me know what you guys think of the video!
2016-2-23
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Link to download 3D Print

2016-2-26
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-14 09:17
DJI won't like to risk its credit with the customers. Please just pay attention to DJI official re ...

DJI-Adela.  What about the X5 Adapter?  Has DJI forgotten it.  Why would you need the Phantom 4?
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

galearic Posted at 2016-3-2 01:24
DJI-Adela.  What about the X5 Adapter?  Has DJI forgotten it.  Why would you need the Phantom 4?

Hello!
DJI never forgets what you're concerning. We'll release it immediately once we're ready completely.
Thanks for your attention to Phantom 4 at the same time, it's a cool products with many new features! Please visit DJI official website: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4
2016-3-1
Use props
davelent
lvl.1

mazurlazer Posted at 2016-2-23 23:09
I just did a shoot with the X5 on both the Inspire 1 and the OSMO handle with the 3D printed adapter ...

Your work is lovely.
2016-3-10
Use props
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 432625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-2 11:01
Hello!
DJI never forgets what you're concerning. We'll release it immediately once we're ready com ...

Spoke with DJi over the phone regarding an inspire battery issue. Anyway, i asked about the adapter for the x5 with the OSMO and the guy on the phone said that he hasn't even seen the adapter and generally they get to see it/ use it first before its released.. guess we will still be waiting... gotta love DJI marketing... marketing this thing months ago and we still can't use it with our X5's... now they are beginning to have a lot of unhappy customers.
2016-3-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

c_a_johnson Posted at 2016-3-15 16:52
Spoke with DJi over the phone regarding an inspire battery issue. Anyway, i asked about the adapte ...

The osmo x5 works really well with the 2.7.0 DJI go update, I bought a really nice adapter on eBay for $100 bucks
2016-3-15
Use props
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-16 06:15
The osmo x5 works really well with the 2.7.0 DJI go update, I bought a really nice adapter on eBay ...

Ive got a buddy with a 3D printer so I'm going to give that a shot. Anyone have any issues with the one that someone added earlier in the thread???
2016-3-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

c_a_johnson Posted at 2016-3-15 18:38
Ive got a buddy with a 3D printer so I'm going to give that a shot. Anyone have any issues with th ...

I bought the 3d printed adapter before I bought the aluminum one, I didn't like it. Every time you tip it forward the x5 disconnects and jumps around wildly. The aluminum one is 100% top quality
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

c_a_johnson Posted at 2016-3-16 04:52
Spoke with DJi over the phone regarding an inspire battery issue. Anyway, i asked about the adapte ...

Honestly, it's on the way...
2016-3-16
Use props
Redneck Auteur
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-16 16:51

2018? 2019? It very well could come out eventually,  but simply saying it is on the way is not that reassuring at this point.
2016-3-16
Use props
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Redneck Auteur Posted at 2016-3-16 18:08
2018? 2019? It very well could come out eventually,  but simply saying it is on the way is not tha ...

They literally market the use of the X5 on the OSMO on their website... They even have a video of them using the adapter... I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are getting tired with DJI's marketing.. Get everyone excited about a product then nothing for months..
2016-3-16
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373842 ft
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-16 04:51

well hurry up already... until then we'll use the x5 on the osmo anyways.  we're already doing it... it's working fine...

announce SOMETHING
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Khyber Posted at 2016-3-16 21:13
well hurry up already... until then we'll use the x5 on the osmo anyways.  we're already doing it. ...

When it's time, we'll let you know immediately. Thanks for your patience!
2016-3-16
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My dealer heard today from DJI that the adapter is due in end of march / early april so roughly same time as the X5R shipping date.

However I'm sure we will hear officially before that.
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-3-17 11:14
My dealer heard today from DJI that the adapter is due in end of march / early april so roughly same ...

I heard it was coming in November, then December then it was coming after there show in January then they told me March 1st then the said soon again and again and again now your saying late March early April then when April comes around they'll say 2nd quarter bla bla bla. I don't care, I bought a nice aluminum one on eBay.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-18 03:13
I heard it was coming in November, then December then it was coming after there show in January th ...

The relevant testings of the adaptor is about to come to an end...
Thanks for your patience, again!
2016-3-18
Use props
kevincalvez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356591 ft
France

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-18 10:38
Thanks for your patience, again ...

Is the relevant release date is about to come to an end?
I mean, I have not said a word since november, I have patiently wait and watch how this was going to evolve.  
It is now END of MARCH, how in the world did DJI manage to keep us waiting like that for a simple adapter. It should have been you top priority even before releasing this so called Phantom 4.
Dont get me wrong, I purchased an inspire Pro back in november, and I am very happy with this drone.
I know DJI make awesome products, but come on, work on your communication and beware of the false advertising. This kind of story shouldn't even happen in big company like yours.

Now please hurry up and give a a DATE, many of us are waiting for an official date release.

Thank you

Sorry for my bad english.
2016-3-30
Use props
matteotof
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-18 10:38
Thanks for your patience, again ...

Adela perhaps DJI does not consider one thing ... Many customers bought OSMO and X5 to work they need to know if they can do and when they will do it! If DJI provides a date people can decide whether to wait or whether to buy competing products after throwing thousands of dollars in Osmo and X5!
It is not right that DJI continues to tease his customers! DJI must now give us a date because we need to plan our work and our investments!

Thank you for having closed my account for my complaints! I had to open another one to continue to have the right to complain about the misconduct of DJI!
2016-3-31
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

I have a sick feeling DJI doesn't care or might actually not even realize this is a problem for their customers.  Now, that might be too crazy of a theory and would present a very worrisome customer service disconnect but its not hard to believe at this point.

Either way, it seems they would rather wait and release an Osmo "Pro" at NAB as a nice marketing move, rather then keep there promises which is a pretty big "F you" to it's anxiously waiting customers that have been waiting for 4-5 months. The Osmo PRO could even just simply be the same handle, adapter and camera but sound fresh and "pro".

Kudos to them for finally getting the X5R out, that was probably tough but the OSMO adapter I just don't understand.
2016-3-31
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-2 04:01
Hello!
DJI never forgets what you're concerning. We'll release it immediately once we're ready com ...

This has been advertised as compatible since October 8th 2015, with an advert with a guy using one, telling us how great it is with the Osmo as a B-camera for real productions.

I was sold on it, and paid bought one, with a handle kit, mid-October.

Ever since then, I've had empty promise after empty promise from DJI staff about everything!

The handle kit finally arrived in early January, and the adaptor was promised in November, then the first week of December, then late December, then after NAB (Jan-2016), then the first week in March 2016.

All were advised by DJI staff....All were wrong. Still - you keep telling us it's coming soon - check the website.

Next week will make 6 months, you have spent  thanking us  for our patience and advising us  to keep checking a bloody website for information on when an adaptor will become available.

It is beyond a joke, and disgusting. I have no wish to be patient, and no one can honestly claim, as advertised,  that 'the adaptor is available soon'.

6 months cannot be considered 'soon', by anybody's logic.

If DJI do not know how to make something work, they should not
         1) pretend it works, with a bogus advertising movie.
         2) sell the dream

I do not want to be patient, or sit down on thousands of pounds worth of equipment I still cannot use.
This practice is dishonest. False advertising.

It should not be allowed.

2016-3-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules