Ronin Functionality
1166 3 2016-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4mylgl6
New

Israel

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of using Ronin for an upcoming shoot. I've never used one and wanted to ask:
1) Can the Ronin be used for stabilizing moving top-shots? That is, can the camera stay pointing to the floor over the course of the movement?
2) I want to do some pretty extreme roll movements during shots. That is, go into a dutch angle over the course of a shot. I read on the specs page that the controlled rotation range on the roll axis is ± 25°. Is there any way to go beyond that? Maybe have the Ronin disable its motors just on that axis (at the cost of somewhat compromising stability)? I want to reach about 110 degress on one shot, and a full 360 on another. Also, can the roll axis be controlled remotely like the pan and tilt?

Thanks a lot for any help!

2016-2-12
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Hi, ronin-m owner.
1) yes, you can shoot with camera pointing 90 degrees down, but because you are near the mechanical limit of the gimbal you wont have the same stabilization range. If you move too crazy at some point the tilt will drift because it touches the endpoint, unless you tilt the entire rig down.
2016-2-13
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

2) using the controller and using the ronin in normal position, you will have that 25 degree roll.
Using smoothtrack on roll axis, and moving the entire rig to the side (disabling briefcase mode) you will have as much roll as you want. But.. If you try to do 360 (i tried) at some point the roll gets crazy and bounces back and forth because it doesnt know if its upside down or im correct position. But you can manage to do it i think, using some warp stabilizer shit
2016-2-13
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Yeah you can control all axis using the remote control, but as i said, the only way to perform smoothly a dutch angle with ronin is by turning the whole sistem to that side
2016-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules