Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Dead66 Posted at 2017-1-31 17:53
So Microcyb,
I got no response on the other thread. But I have learned a lot. I can take the amplifiers off and use just the antenna and get around 2000 or a little more feet out of it before losing HD connection (the GPS and the other radio signal seem to still be connected even when I lose HD....

You should get more range with the Suntans. I use the Argtek with a higher DBI flat panel 5.8 GHZ antenna and my normal RC range is 6000 ft (1828.8M)  I have no boosters, but also another trick is to use the MagicPowerv5 to change the channels to get some more distance.  With the boosters, I have heard many get over 11,000 ft (3352.8M).

Just remember the FPV uses 2.4 GHZ and that is for your video and instrument readings.  The 5.8GHZ is for your RC connection from the controller to your bird.

So even if you lose your FPV you should still be able to fly very far away and still have control such as RTH.

If your booster is plugged into the RC 5.8 GHZ antennea only.  This means the if you looked at your RC signal on your Go App, it should still show full bar connection, but you might lose your video link to see where you are flying.  This is where the MagicPowerv5 comes into play. It changes the channels like that of the Phantom Pro to give you a longer and better video link.

2017-2-1
Use props
Dead66
lvl.1

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-2-1 08:06
You should get more range with the Suntans. I use the Argtek with a higher DBI flat panel 5.8 GHZ antenna and my normal RC range is 6000 ft (1828.8M)  I have no boosters, but also another trick is to use the MagicPowerv5 to change the channels to get some more distance.  With the boosters, I have heard many get over 11,000 ft (3352.8M).

Just remember the FPV uses 2.4 GHZ and that is for your video and instrument readings.  The 5.8GHZ is for your RC connection from the controller to your bird.

Thanks. I am interested in the Magic Power. But as I look at this thread I feel ill prepared to install it. For one, they keep referencing the P3standard and 4K but not the pro.

I also feel timid about the process. I have a Macbook, and an iPad.....

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... c-power-v5-0.87654/

Is there a better thread to view this?
2017-2-1
Use props
Dead66
lvl.1

United States

ALSO, My two antenna both go through a separate suntans. BOTH Sunhans are 2.8 gig. Each signal is connected to a separate connector on the radio. The two stock antennae were disconnected so I assume these connections go to where the stock antennae used to go on the circuit board.  But if one of these was supposed to be 5.8, it certainly does not seem to bother the radio link. It's the video link that is lacking
2017-2-1
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Dead66 Posted at 2017-2-1 15:54
Thanks. I am interested in the Magic Power. But as I look at this thread I feel ill prepared to install it. For one, they keep referencing the P3standard and 4K but not the pro.

I also feel timid about the process. I have a Macbook, and an iPad.....

You are correct, that is for the P3S not the Pro.  The pro already has the channel option in the Go app.
2017-2-2
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Dead66 Posted at 2017-2-1 18:16
ALSO, My two antenna both go through a separate suntans. BOTH Sunhans are 2.8 gig. Each signal is connected to a separate connector on the radio. The two stock antennae were disconnected so I assume these connections go to where the stock antennae used to go on the circuit board.  But if one of these was supposed to be 5.8, it certainly does not seem to bother the radio link. It's the video link that is lacking

Do you have some pictures?  The stock 2.4GHZ should be disconnected inside the controller when the new antennas are installed.
2017-2-2
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I've just ordered the ARGtec because I live in a mountain range and would like to be able to film with an extended range.
As we also get typhoons I can go and inspect roads and areas for landslides.  Very useful for where I live.

2017-2-2
Use props
Dead66
lvl.1

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-2-2 07:50
Do you have some pictures?  The stock 2.4GHZ should be disconnected inside the controller when the new antennas are installed.

Yes, the stock antenna were disconnected in order to connect the new antenna. What exactly shall I take a picture of?

Also, was in a large neighborhood near the beach today (away from town so only had houses to deal with). I go 1.5 miles at 200'.  Pretty much line of site except there were some trees about 800 yards in front of me.
2017-2-2
Use props
BiiiiirdMaaaan!
lvl.1

United States

Check this out...

Install is simple and parts are more than reasonable. I've got my stuff on the way.

2017-2-4
Use props
adrianlopez418
New

United States

I just got my argtek today and I'm not sure how to position my antennas and my kit came with several antennas and I'm also not sure which one to use please get back ASAP
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules