Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-12 14:23
My comments:

A) He doesn't seem to know that he still has stick control in auto-land which would al ...

Good observations. It's human nature, most pilots will think long and hard to find "some technical reason" to justify bad judgment or poor pilot skills after a crash . Every crash I ever had was my fault, and caused me to learn something, like absolute rules never to break again...As a rookie manned airplane student pilot I learned the simple  axiom about flying, there are old pilot and there are bold pilots. There is no such thing as an old, bold pilot. I kept that mantra through my manned aircraft flying tenure.

Ignore manufacturer's advice, ignore error messages, push to squeeze the last volt out of your battery, try to set new distance and height records, ignore magnetic/rf interference sources and sooner or later you'll bird will be another statistic...
2016-2-12
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-12 16:54
I don't think he necessarily made an error. The problem is almost certainly down to the not-so-smar ...

We are in total agreement. Attention to details and judicious responses to potential trouble can prevent most crashes.
2016-2-12
Use props
apargh
lvl.1

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-12 16:23
My comments:

A) He doesn't seem to know that he still has stick control in auto-land which would al ...

I'm a bit confused by this response. It seems there was an immediate loss of power and no opportunity to go into auto-land. Did you hear him speak of the "tumbling."
2016-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules