down stick kills motors when descending
1261 9 2016-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dgarza001
lvl.1

United States

I was under the impression that to kill/start the motors, you had to hold both sticks toward center and bottom. Yet I find that if I hold the down stick down it shuts down all mortors.  Kinda of stinks if you have to descend quicklyi. All insight will be appreciated Thanks
2016-2-12
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-13 14:11
Ohhhhhhh dear.....! That manual really needs a re-write DJI

The number of people who get confused  ...

Maybe the manual is fine.
People should study more BEFORE getting off the ground and it's clear that this one didn't do his due diligence at all.
I also have the impression that speed is a necessity for most people.
Maybe it's just me but I don't get it.
2016-2-13
Use props
dgarza001
lvl.1

United States

Linolens Posted at 2016-2-13 21:21
Maybe the manual is fine.
People should study more BEFORE getting off the ground and it's clear th ...

Maybe comments like this should be left in your head where there is plenty of space. I read  it and still couldn't  get a clear understanding.  Thank you  very much Paul  for your clear explanation. People like you make forums great.  People like this guy make it hard for people lol.
2016-2-13
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

That's right ! Your throttle up stick alone will shut down the motors if the bird is on the ground by simply pulling it back and holding for a moment ... Duh .... Space in my head too...good luck.
2016-2-13
Use props
mick.briggs
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Paul,

Just a thought but why don't you make the manual available as a download via Fleabay or Amazon?

I shouldn't imagine it will make your fortune but it might in some way compensate you for your time.
2016-2-13
Use props
mick.briggs
lvl.2

United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-13 18:51
Yes. It may do and that might not be a bad idea. However, it still essentially absolves DJI of get ...

I'm not sure that it would absolve DJI Paul.

Surely the fact that people were (bit of an assumption here) prepared to spend their hard earned money on a detailed manual would only highlight the deficiencies in the OEM version?

You have a point on the copyright problem, we would be very wealthy men if we could solve that issue!
2016-2-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-13 05:54
It confused me, too. I ended up with misunderstandings about CSC and shutting down the motors. I al ...

Yes, this has been confirmed to be the case with my P3P! I am flying all of the latest firmware and beta testing the Autoflight logic 3.1 soon to be released.  All good from my side of things.

Good information for all.

PS Dundee is busy writing code for a project....   hopefully he will have more time this spring.

Weather is crappy today I was hoping to go out and fly... don't spend much time with flight sims.. pretty boring for me

Rich
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

throttle down doesn't kill the motors when you are in the air, but it stops the motors if you're already landed
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-14 12:23
Does it have to be on the ground Tim? Or can it just have been stopped by some other impediment to  ...

As soon as accelerometer  doesn't  measure  velocity and barometer doesn't measure altitude changes full throttle down will stop the motors
2016-2-13
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

dgarza001 Posted at 2016-2-13 22:20
Maybe comments like this should be left in your head where there is plenty of space. I read  it an ...

I meant no harm with my comments, please don't take it personal.
Apologies where is due.
2016-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules