Had To Press Battery Button To Initiate Charging?
1494 9 2016-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

When I went to charge my battery today nothing happened, the battery did not light up. So I pressed the power button on the battery once and it immediately started charging normally? Is this normal. Usually it just starts charging as soon as it's plugged in.
2016-2-13
Use props
Mr. Andronio
lvl.2

Denmark

Has it been a while since the last time you used it? Then it's because the battery was in "hypernation", and then you'll have to press the power button to change it. Pressing the power button makes the battery "awake". :-)
2016-2-13
Use props
Mr. Andronio
lvl.2

Denmark

Or maybe there was more than 85-90% power left on the battery? Then you'll have to press the button to charge it.
2016-2-13
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had last flown the Phantom approximately 13 hours earlier and there was only about 12% battery life remaining when I finished that session. Then, as I mentioned in my above post, I had to press power button once to initiate charging. I have never had to do this before, even when I have charged it from 90%.
2016-2-13
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I'll have to try that next time because both my batteries would not start charging but then I had charged them the night before. Just wanted to top them off so to say before I went flying.
2016-2-13
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-13 08:15
I'll have to try that next time because both my batteries would not start charging but then I had ch ...

I always think of "the tooth" from the ufc when i see your name.  Lol
2016-2-13
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-2-13 08:21
I always think of "the tooth" from the ufc when i see your name.  Lol

That name originated back in the day I was flying RC jets and Top Gun came out and I was nick named Top Thumb.
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thumb Posted at 2016-2-14 00:15
I'll have to try that next time because both my batteries would not start charging but then I had ch ...

In your case the batteries are telling you they do not need charging. It is not a fault condition.
2016-2-13
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Yes, I didn't think it was something wrong, was just trying to "top off" the batteries before I went flying and figured they were at 100%. Now I know what to do.
2016-2-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As I understand it, if the battery is fairly full, OR has been allowed to sit for a period at a low level, you probably need to push the button once, and then a second time, holding it until it turns on, just like when you fire it up to fly.  When it turns on, plug the charger in.  This forces it to charge, even though it may not think it needs it.  Personally, if it is pretty full, I'd rather run it down under proper load (running the Phantom), before forcing a charge.  It just seems like it would allow the balancing circuit to work better.
2016-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules