Pink/Magenta screen. Help!
3738 12 2016-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

So I've been flying since december with my Phantom 3 Pro, with no issues at all, except for the past week or two. Ive noticed at times my screen will randomly become this Magenta color, almost as if the camera is using some weird filter. Along with this, the image sometimes becomes distorted with stripes, usually green. I toggle between camera and video mode, and even reset camera setting (while flying) hoping it will reboot go away, but nothing. This occurs at random times. Sometimes lasting a minute or two, other times longer. Yesterday it persisted, so I landed the drone, exited the app, and restarted it. Upon restarting, the camera would display normaly for a few seconds, then glitch back into this weird screen. Ive included a photo, and a screen shot of a video. Since the file is enormous and I'm at work, I just took a screen shot of the image thumbnails, but you can get the idea Like I said, it usually goes away after a while- so I'm thinking more of a software issue- but yesterday it persisted. Ribbon cable is firmly in place. I hate that my first post is a complaint/cry for help,  the P3P has been amazing otherwise, great product and very happy. But please help!

Capture.PNG
Capture4.PNG
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello, Nicholas!
Were you recording 4K?  It could be SD card problem, please format it and try to record again.
2016-2-13
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-13 20:56
Hello, Nicholas!
Were you recording 4K?  It could be SD card problem, please format it and try to re ...

Will give that a try tonight, thanks!
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nicholasalbertg Posted at 2016-2-15 20:38
Will give that a try tonight, thanks!

if you have any other SD card (at least class 10), you also can give it a try.
does the cashed video on a mobile device get corrupted like this as well?
2016-2-15
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-15 23:10
if you have any other SD card (at least class 10), you also can give it a try.
does the cashed vi ...

Gave it a try last night, but nothing. Seems to be occurring more frequently. I reformatted the SD card, yet still streams and records this pinkish corrupt video/photos. The recordings on my mobile device are also recording in that same manner. Also tried a different device, but problem still there. When I first started up the drone, streamed and recorded images were perfectly fine for first 20-30 seconds, then it flashed into the corrupt pink/magenta screen. Sometimes with flashing green bars. Again, its not constant, but seems to be getting worse. I do see normal video and photo files here and there, but it will eventually (but sometimes also even upon starting) become corrupt. For now, my videos on my drone are useless, and I'm basically grounded from flying...   Please help!
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

nicholasalbertg Posted at 2016-2-17 21:32
Gave it a try last night, but nothing. Seems to be occurring more frequently. I reformatted the SD ...

Hello Nicholas,
It seems the troubleshooting steps have not helped and it may be a camera issue.
Has the aircraft been crashed?
Can you try to reinstall the 1.6 firmware or downgrade then reinstall 1.6. Just trying all options before you send it in.
If nothing works, call 818-235-0789 and they will start an RMA and send you a prepaid shipping label to send it in for repair.
2016-2-17
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-13 19:56
Hello, Nicholas!
Were you recording 4K?  It could be SD card problem, please format it and try to re ...

These were pretty much my exact symptoms.  i didn't really want to be without the drone for long, so I decided to order a DJI gimbal ribbon cable and try to make the swap myself before I resorted to sending it in.   Long story short I swapped it out while watching a youtube video and now my drone is working again!!!   Its not super intensive for someone with pretty good eyes and steady hands,  I would say it's slightly less difficult then repairing an iPhone or and iPad screen.    That said i'm sure DJI would rather have you send it in, especially if your unit is still under warranty.
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-2-21 07:22
These were pretty much my exact symptoms.  i didn't really want to be without the drone for long,  ...

Nice, glad you got your working with a new cable.
2016-2-20
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Thanks Ken!  It was a massive relief, have some trips coming up I was going to be really bummed to be without.  To top it off it was in the 60's here in Chicagoland today so I actually got some nice airtime today.
2016-2-20
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-20 20:07
Nice, glad you got your working with a new cable.

Hi ken, I ended up shipping mine off early last week. Any way to check on its status for me? I havent received any information yet, its been at least a week- so I'm hoping you guys at least received it. Thanks!
FYI- Ticket #
2016-3-8
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-2-20 23:46
Thanks Ken!  It was a massive relief, have some trips coming up I was going to be really bummed to b ...

Glad you're in working order! Ill let you know what came about with mine once I hear back. Ended up sending it in..
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nicholasalbertg Posted at 2016-3-9 09:47
Hi ken, I ended up shipping mine off early last week. Any way to check on its status for me? I have ...

I was only delivered to the repair center yesterday afternoon.
It may take until the end of the week until you hear what the issue is.
2016-3-8
Use props
nicholasalbertg
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-8 21:16
I was only delivered to the repair center yesterday afternoon.
It may take until the end of the we ...

Thanks Ken! I received a notification that it was shipped off today, very happy with the quick turnaround! Unfortunately, I cant find any details on my repair. Maybe you can shed some light on what the service department found, and subsequently did to fix my phantom. Thanks again!
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules