Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Rollback
2668 5 2016-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mick.briggs
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Since purchasing my (second hand) Inspire (& before I stumbled upon this brilliant forum) I have always been a good boy & followed DJI's firmware update instructions.

A couple of days ago I purchased a pair of new TB48 batteries, after reading about such things on this forum I decided to ignore the "update firmware" message & went out for a flight.

The first thing I noticed was that I didn't get the usual nanny state temperature warnings (I live in the north of England DJI, it MIGHT get above 15 Celcius in summer (this temperature limit must really P off those of you that live somewhere that gets properly cold!)), the second thing I noticed was the available speed! I clocked 44mph at one point!

I know that DJI probably mean well & are trying to preserve the life of the LiPo but can I roll back the firmware on my other (TB47) batteries?

Can I also rollback the firmware on the aircraft so that it won't force me to upgrade to the impending 1.7?

Thank you,

Mick.

2016-2-13
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2629813 ft
United States

I don't know about battery firmware, but I did not like the 1.6 aircraft firmware because it limited the performance of my Inspire so I went back to the 1.5 and love it.  Just make sure you know how to manage lipos in cold weather conditions.
As for blocking version 1.7 when it comes out, IF they want to make it mandatory, there is not much that you can do about it other than making sure that your bird & controller never connects to the internet again.  Last time they pushed out a mandatory update you had a short period of time to upgrade or your bird would not start until you did.
2016-2-13
Use props
mick.briggs
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks tkeeg,

What version of firmware does one need to be using that predates DJI's ability to shut down YOUR aircraft because they assume that you are too irresponsible to use the equipment that they agreed to sell you?
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Mick
The firmware rollback works only on the main controller, battery's fw cannot be downgraded
2016-2-13
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-24 18:04
You can rollback the aircraft as well ? correct Tim

I'm  a bit confused by the statement, " Firmw ...

He means the main controller of the aircraft - its his way to tell you that ESC firmware and other stuff can NOT be rolled back. Remote controller also not.
2016-2-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm at the current firmware with my inspire and if you want speed just flip the little toggle from gps to atti mode. I was putting along in gps at 33 mph when I put it atti mode it got up to 62 mph.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules