Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Somebody able to help "clear things up?"
1430 14 2016-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arock387
lvl.2

United States

So Today is my first full day of being able to fly the phantom 3 advanced (drove to closest Best Buy since im waiting for response from DJI about faulty battery that came with the phantom).  Im having a blast with the monster.  Although im having an issue of the video quality definitely being jumpy and not consistant.  It starts out great but you can see in the later half the video seems to start to drop resolution a bit.  I'm recording at 2.7k/30fps I have not dabbled in a lot of the other settings yet.  

2016-2-13
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

It can be hard to see unless you full screen the video.  The place where it seems the worst is probably around 3:54 and watching the red building.  

Maybe its just me.  I am definitely seeing something
lighting perhaps?  The picture just seems to slightly blur at times
2016-2-13
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-14 09:58
It can be hard to see unless you full screen the video.  The place where it seems the worst is proba ...

I can't see any problem with the camera.
"lighting perhaps?  The picture just seems to slightly blur at times"
You have a low-light situation and a lot of camera movement.
I think you're just seeing motion blur and soft subject matter.
2016-2-13
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

Perhaps my eyes need some training then.  
2016-2-13
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

By the looks of it you are panning a bit6 on the fast side, I would try pan a little slower.

Do you know the shutter speed you are using for this video? Using too fast of a shutter speed can make movement look jumpy. You should aim for roughly double your frame rate, so at 30fps you should be shooting around 1/60th of a second. To achieve this relatively slow shutter speeds you will often need to add an an ND filter (dark piece of glass) to the lens, or failing that you could shoot at an higher fps to get  an higher shutter speed (60FPS 1/120sec).

Apart from the camera settings, how you move the  camera/drone makes or breaks a video, in particular the panning and tilting needs to be smooth and controlled.
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You do have a bit of jello in your shots, perhaps look at whether there is any vibration in the camera. Try hovering in front of you and look at the camera to see if it is vibrating. If not, then look into balancing your props. The pictures look a bit soft when viewed on YouTube in 1080, but that is probably just the compression used by YouTube.
2016-2-13
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Geebax.
I have seen this comment many times about balancing the props.
How the hell do you do that? Don't they just screw on?
I am a bit corn fused.
Enlighten me kind sir.

Mike
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What was the temperature outside. Low temp. could cause the issue
2016-2-14
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

mcphipps900. You need to buy a prop balancer. I use the Dubro  Tru-spin prop balancer. Google them, lots of different types but not all will work with the P3 props.
Youtube prop balancing to see how its done.
2016-2-14
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

Yea it was about 10F outside.  I did notice some vibration and another thread had a fix for it Ill have to find.  Suppose I could also test it again when it warms up some.  Ill also look into a prop balancer.  
2016-2-14
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-2-14 19:51
mcphipps900. You need to buy a prop balancer. I use the Dubro  Tru-spin prop balancer. Google them,  ...

Thanks. Will try to look it up.
2016-2-14
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-15 03:48
Thanks. Will try to look it up.

Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-499 ... -spin+prop+balancer
2016-2-14
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Thats the one. Its better than any magnetic type I've seen.
The magnetic type can give false readings.
2016-2-14
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Where in Vermont was this video shot?  Looks very familiar.  Not so much the road.  The mountains.  The ridgelines look familiar.
2016-2-14
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Are you getting the video from your device or from the sd card in the camera itself?  Because there is a big difference.
2016-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules