1618 7 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Zenmuse x5 camera and want to know the correct position for the aperature ring. It was moved during lens removal and I am not sure what it should be set at. I noticed that it does not move on it's own and want to be sure it is right. The X5 manual makes no mention of it's proper setting, only to place the dust cover on it.

Also, I am seeing bright red outlines around most objects on my monitor during camera use. (Apple Ipad mini 2 16gb / wifi) These do not appear when viewing images directly from the micro sd card. Is this a lightbridge issue? I never saw it with the X3 camera.
2016-2-14
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hi, I don't own an X5, but if it's like any other manual aperture ring, it entirely depends on where YOU want it.  If it's an electronic aperture ring, it won't do anything if the camera isn't turn on.

If you look in the app, it will show you the aperture you have set, you should be able to change it via the app. This is quick and dirty, but a small number (large aperture)  like 1.7 means lot of light entering the camera, but less depth of field, and the reverse for an larger number like f22  (small aperture) means a lot less light entering the camera, but larger depth of field.

I would start around f5.6 and see if that works for you, and move it from there.
2016-2-14
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I watched a few you tube videos and as far as I can tell there is automatic setting, (Red A on ring), and if it is set elsewhere I think it disables the automatic aperture feature. I turned on the camera and changed the aperture in Manual mode and watched the ring. It did not move. Nor did the focus ring for that matter.
2016-2-14
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-2-15 09:25
I watched a few you tube videos and as far as I can tell there is automatic setting, (Red A on ring) ...

They are probably "fly-by-wire" electronic rings, where they don't physically change the aperture/focus, but rather tell the camera to change them electronically. This also means they can be controlled electronically via the app without the rings moving.

Whats lens are you using by the way?
2016-2-14
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The stock DJI lens
s12-2-49ebc2561be10c38a8e4a397164a09bd.jpg
2016-2-14
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

If you only ever use auto, then jsut leave it on the A, even if you set it on an aperture value manually, it should still be able to be changed by the App.
2016-2-14
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

What about the red outlines? I am attaching 2 images. One shows the display in camera view. The second shows the display preview mode.

Camera view

Camera view

Preview

Preview
2016-2-15
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-2-16 01:48
What about the red outlines? I am attaching 2 images. One shows the display in camera view. The seco ...

That looks like highlight warning, it will show you areas that are over exposed. You should be able to turn it off if you don't like it, and they won't show in the saved image/video.
2016-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules