DJI app repeatedly saying "Atti Mode" - What does that mean?
72459 82 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans5d0461da Posted at 11-26 21:13
Hi , did you ever find out why? Mine does the same and the return to home isn’t working either. All my settings are right !!

You are addressing a question to someone who posted that in February of 2016, they are probably not on the forum any longer.

The first thing to check is that you have the mode switch in P mode. Next, look at the screen and see if you have any warnings being displayed. Unless you intentionally switched the aircraft into ATTI mode, it should be OK, however it can switch into ATTI mode if it experiences a compass error. In most cases, the compass error will be caused by you taking off from a surface that contains, metal, and that metal is confusing the compass. When the compass is confused, the aircraft will automatically switch to ATTI mode and then RTH will not work.

One of the most common errors is to take off from a concrete surface. The concrete often contains rebar. Also, taking off from the hood or roof of a car.
2018-11-26
Use props
Connor Eden
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-16 19:23
'@ Kneepuck.  Perhaps the manual is FILLED with redundant information!  So simply asking a question in the forum is a better and faster idea.  Especially for "Hands-On" pilots who don't want to search for hours on forums, for an answer that can be solved with "One" single respectable forum member!'

No one on this forum has to be here, is paid to provide help or needs to waste their time answering the same old questions over and over. There are some questions that are asked, on average, twice a week, and the answers to them can be found by doing a search. New posters need to understand that this is a self-help forum, they will not always be answered by a paid DJI employee, more like a non-paid member who is giving their time and knowledge for free.

If you don't want to waste your time answering repeated questions, then don't waste your time answering repeated questions... just look at it, notice that it's something you don't want to deal with, then move on. Of course they can take the initiative to do a search to find the answer, but there will always be new people joining the forum that ask the same questions. It's much easier to control how veterans of the forum interact with new members rather than the other way around.
2020-2-11
Use props
Craig Charlton
New

United Kingdom

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-2-14 18:02
Reading the manual does not always help... I receive warnings that the moderators have no idea what they mean...and after three returns for service the repair facility does not either.

I figure if a newbie asked a question that has been asked many times before i either answer or ignore it. I read the poor excuse for a manual more than once and It did not make me an expert... bet no one hear is an expert by reading it either. This should be a place to find answers... even those in the manual.

Well said .
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules