DJI app repeatedly saying "Atti Mode" - What does that mean?
123Next >
72455 82 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lmuttreja
New

United Arab Emirates

I bought the phantom 3 advanced yesterday and the DJI go app keeps repeating the words "Atti Mode" - What does that mean and what do I do to stop it?
Thanks
2016-2-14
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

Please read the manual front to back 5 times and then backwards 3. Then watch all the tutorial videos on the forum and website as well especially everything about RTH. This is a very advanced piece of machinery and if you don't read everything you will end up crashing it and blaming DJI for your mistakes.
2016-2-14
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Mine keeps saying ATTI mode too although it's not in ATTI mode? I just thought it was a glitch with the software.
2016-2-14
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

Yes you should read very careful the whole manual, however the DJI GO app say this often because you have not enough satellite coverage ( >6 satellite)
2016-2-14
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Like others said, it would do you a LOT of good to read everything you can about these things.    They are so easy to fly that monst people probably just charge it and fly (basically), but it's like buying a new car with tons of features but you never use them because you never took the time to learn how they work.

And yes, ATTI mode occurs if you select it withthe toggle switch on the controller or if you do not have good GPS lock.
ALWAYS make sure you have at least 9 GPS satellites locked before you take off in my opinion.
2016-2-14
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Italy

P3_Nutz Posted at 2016-2-14 19:35
Mine keeps saying ATTI mode too although it's not in ATTI mode? I just thought it was a glitch with  ...

Your flight mode is seat in P or A on the remote controller?

If is in P and say that you are in ATTI, it mean that you are in P-ATTI mode so your aircraft will not stabilize the horizontal position but only the vertical one with the barometer. This is due to not strong GPS signal and some interference on the compass
2016-2-14
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-2-15 02:43
Like others said, it would do you a LOT of good to read everything you can about these things.    Th ...

Cessna172, Nicola90s
Hell of better answer than "just read the manual" Thank you. You phrased that much better and gave them some of the help they were looking for.
I know that they should read the manual, but a little bit help and then pointing them to right direction on reading the manual for more precise information is a far better way to handle this. Or point them to a thread that will help them.

Just seems that a new user gets the Read The Manual answer a lot. Not that they shouldn't, but it does seem intimidating coming here to ask for help and you get 12 answers that say READ the Manual. I guess we should just post that you can't be a member unless you read the manual.

Everyone was a new user once. Yeah maybe we did it differently, maybe we did it exactly like they did.
They are probably pretty excited about getting the Phantom. Tell me you have never just jumped into something without reading the instructions?

Thanks again Cessna, I think you handled this very well.

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Mike
2016-2-14
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi. My Phantom Advanced also does this, (I think they all do it). She keeps repeating 'atti mode atti mode atti mode'! Mostly I get this indoors because of no satellite signal, (and sometimes outside). She doesn't shut up!
2016-2-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-15 08:07
Hi. My Phantom Advanced also does this, (I think they all do it). She keeps repeating 'atti mode att ...

Yeah, the Bird Bitch can be very annoying.
2016-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Turn your device volume down and she whispers sweet "nothing's" in your ear. ;-)

Yeah, for a Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-2-14
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Maybe it should be a requirement that to join the forum you must answer 5 questions about the Phantom,  the answers to which can be found in the manual.  I understand new users jumping on with questions that are easily found in the manual,  because they eagerly flew or want to fly and something they did not expect happens.  I also understand experienced users giving the stock "Read the manual"  answer,  because 1.) We read the manual,  it did not injure us,  so do your own homework,  and 2.) "Read the manual"  is a very good and obvious solution to most of the problems that get posted on here.  And the truth is,  the same basic questions get asked by new users who not only do not bother to read the manual,  clearly they don't even bother to read anything on the forum other than the question they posted.  Google has ruined curiousity.  Ask Google,  usually get an answer.  And they think the forum is they same way.  These people probably will never become active forum users,  and also will probably crash and blame Dji.    Just my opinion.
2016-2-14
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-14 16:51
Turn your device volume down and she whispers sweet "nothing's" in your ear. ;-)

Yeah, for a Happy  ...

I turned mine off and all I got was "What?  You expect me to provide the entertainment now?"
2016-2-14
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

You should really take the advice given so far.  Read the manual - more than once.  Watch the tutorials - more than once.  It is better to spend this time up front than to spend the time after your crash whining and complaining how it is anyone's fault but yours.
2016-2-14
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Mine only becomes irritating when first switched on.. ATTI mode.. ATTI mode.. ATTI mode.. Yes shut the F* up!! Now I know it's because there isn't enough satellites when it first starts up but soon shuts up once enough satellites are found.

I'm pretty sure though, yes it explains differences between ATTI mode etc in the manual but not why it constantly says ATTI mode on startup when not in ATTI mode!!
2016-2-14
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Italy

P3_Nutz Posted at 2016-2-14 23:27
Mine only becomes irritating when first switched on.. ATTI mode.. ATTI mode.. ATTI mode.. Yes shut t ...

Because GPS signal can oscillate and this produce this annoying things
2016-2-14
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes makes perfect sense now - thanks
2016-2-14
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The phantom will switch to ATTI for a number of reasons.
1. Drop in satellites - you may have a faulty GPS module/Cracked Ceramic Puck.
2. Faulty compass - If you compass is out of whack and sendingl conflicting data with the GPS, it force the ATTI mode to stop flyaways. This can happen If you fly near electromagnetic areas.

2016-2-14
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-14 21:56
Maybe it should be a requirement that to join the forum you must answer 5 questions about th ...

Kneepuk, as P3nutz pointed out, this particular repeating 'atti mode' issue is not explained anywhere in the manual. Have you read it?
2016-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Place your hand over the top of your drone while it's warming up, and see how it relates to being man-handled? ... ;-)
Or set it on the hood of your car, for another good one, with a light show... Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-2-14
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-14 15:18
Cessna172, Nicola90s
Hell of better answer than "just read the manual" Thank you. You phrased that  ...

Except that with the latest surge of new owners it seems like many want to be spoon fed answers rather than help themselves first. The problem is that many questions asked here lately are ones that could be easily answered had the person spent a little time aquainting  themselves first  with some basic knowledge. It is not intimidating to ask questions as a new user armed with a little understanding of the device. Many want the quick answer which is also the quickest road to a crashed drone. Which then of course DJI will get the blame for.

I wondered why it kept saying Atti Mode at first too. Except I had read the manual and studied the app to know what Atti Mode was and then looked at my number of GPS satellites. From there it was easy to deduce. Imagine that!
2016-2-14
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

In my case I don't think it's a matter of too little satellites or interference. Mine will yell out two or three times but not until after the drone has gone through it's warm up stage and "Safe to Fly" modes. This happens out in the middle of a field with nothing around for at least a mile and last time with 17 satellites which I thought was a bit much! Really, 17 satellites, who's watching me?
2016-2-14
Use props
gherd
lvl.2
United States

Be sure you have both toggle switches on the top of the remote flipped all the way up..
2016-2-14
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-14 15:03
Kneepuk, as P3nutz pointed out, this particular repeating 'atti mode' issue is not explained anywh ...

If you read the manual and watch the tutorials and are still unable to deduce what that means,  maybe you should fly something less complicated.
2016-2-14
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-14 17:10
Except that with the latest surge of new owners it seems like many want to be spoon fed answers rat ...

Reading the manual does not always help... I receive warnings that the moderators have no idea what they mean...and after three returns for service the repair facility does not either.

I figure if a newbie asked a question that has been asked many times before i either answer or ignore it. I read the poor excuse for a manual more than once and It did not make me an expert... bet no one hear is an expert by reading it either. This should be a place to find answers... even those in the manual.

Butch
2016-2-14
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-2-14 18:02
Reading the manual does not always help... I receive warnings that the moderators have no idea wha ...

There is.  Usually almost any situation you can encounter has been asked and answered many times here on the forum.  The ones that have no answer too,  well,  those are oddities that are rare.  And no one can fault anyone for asking a question about something unusual.  But people tend to give short terse answers to questions that have been asked a dozen times before.  It is human nature I suppose,  just like it is human nature to jump in and ask a question that has already been answered a lot of times.
2016-2-14
Use props
flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-14 14:18
Cessna172, Nicola90s
Hell of better answer than "just read the manual" Thank you. You phrased that  ...

Amen Brother
2016-2-14
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

aopisa    "Except that with the latest surge of new owners it seems like many want to be spoon fed answers rather than help themselves first. The problem is that many questions asked here lately are ones that could be easily answered had the person spent a little time aquainting  themselves first  with some basic knowledge."

Agreed. Problem is people have been handed things more and more with each generation. The Electronics of today have made the people the way they are. We have places like this, and all sorts of electronic media where people are getting instant answers. They come here for exactly the same thing. I think that sure, they should help themselves, but I also think we should give them a "gentle" nudge in the right direction.

Kneepuck      "There is.  Usually almost any situation you can encounter has been asked  and answered many times here on the forum.  The ones that have no  answer too,  well,  those are oddities that are rare.  And no one can  fault anyone for asking a question about something unusual.  But people  tend to give short terse answers to questions that have been asked a  dozen times before.  It is human nature I suppose,  just like it is  human nature to jump in and ask a question that has already been  answered a lot of times."

I agree with the fact that they really should do a search for the answer in the forums first. The search function on this site is not the greatest tool they have have. A magnifuing glass is all you got. The word "SEARCH" would be a much better way to describe a search. Heck they might even use it...  I have asked a few questions on this site. I searched for most of them. Wording is the most important part of any search. You don't get that right, you will have a hard time finding answers. I think that is where some of the questions come from. Incorrectly searching. All said and done, we are all here for the same reason. To get answers and to share knowledge.

Hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers.........You guys are all my brothers.

Mike
2016-2-14
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-14 18:50
aopisa     "Except that with the latest surge of new owners it seems like many want to be spoon fed  ...

I, for one,  hope I don't have any feathers to rustle.   I specified "no feathers" when I was asked.  That's why,  as you can see in my Avatar ,  I only have fur.
2016-2-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I sure wouldn't turn the volume down on the warnings.  It is FAR too easy to forget to turn it back up.  Actually, I wish devices would go louder than they do.  I try to use my Bluetooth anytime I fly so I don't miss a warning.
2016-2-14
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-14 23:13
I, for one,  hope I don't have any feathers to rustle.   I specified "no feathers" when I was aske ...

LOL, you are a furry little critter.
2016-2-15
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

I venture that the older we are the less patience we have,   We have seen and answered many of the same questions over and over.  It may be that we have less time remaining on this earth and want to make the best use of it!  Or NOT.   LOL
2016-2-15
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Okay, now that feathers have been unruffled or not ruffled to begin with, one thing to note: if you're messing around with weak signal (such as being indoors) and getting repeated 'Atti mode' messages from the device, there's an easy way to shut it up: move the switch on the controller to Atti mode!

It will only repeatedly warn you that it has switched to Atti mode when you are switched to P (GPS, non-Atti mode) as it continues and fails (or succeeds, then fails again) to connect to GPS.

2016-2-15
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-2-15 12:02
Reading the manual does not always help... I receive warnings that the moderators have no idea wha ...

Nicely said.
Rarely is derision an appropriate educational tool. Pretty easy to either answer or smile and wave as you click on by...
(pre-post edit- I really just wanted to show some appreciation for the level-headed response you made daviskw2004 but apparently I needed to vent and ended up with the diatribe below).

Part of the issue is the way they are marketed.
Here is the first Phantom ad :
It comes out of the box, props on and off flying effortlessly, and even with a controller in pieces it still returns home safe and sound (Thank you space!)

Here is the P3 launch ad:
It is clearly aimed and is specifically aimed at the average person and states you don't need to be an "expert". A direct quote "Our key goal was to remove any and all challenges that someone might face when flying for the very first time" immediately followed by "The innovations we have applied to the Phantom 3 make this all possible" I could go on... "perfection at every level"; "never become disoriented or lost"; "it will always come home"

So enough with the RTFM talk; you gotta be a freakin geek; you gotta be like me because I read the manual 32 times looked up the 3,428 words I didn't understand; wrote myself 4 checklists revised them 9 times before tea and a further 13 times after; visited each of the 37 web sites which have information pertinent to flying and actually getting it back a minimum of 37 times.

Nobody should be surprised that people have trouble related to the tech. Because the aircraft they were sold didn't need them to be very tech savvy!. Just watch the ad! these things are amazing!!!

They then come here to ask (essentially) WTF, that's not what I was expecting?

So, check the "Holier than thou" attitude, help them, or slide straight by.

end of rant
2016-2-15
Use props
Stmpjmpr
New
Flight distance : 139764 ft
United States

I just searched the Mavic user's guide for "Atti" and there were hits, but none that were a precise definition. This was as close as it gets: "The aircraft will automatically switch to P-ATTI when the GPS signal is weak and lighting conditions are too dark for the Forward and Downward Vision Systems. The aircraft will only use its barometer for positioning to control altitude." Searching Google was better, but I can understand someone posting here.
2016-12-7
Use props
fans1e15c3f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66280 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-14 13:56
Maybe it should be a requirement that to join the forum you must answer 5 questions about the Phantom,  the answers to which can be found in the manual.  I understand new users jumping on with questions that are easily found in the manual,  because they eagerly flew or want to fly and something they did not expect happens.  I also understand experienced users giving the stock "Read the manual"  answer,  because 1.) We read the manual,  it did not injure us,  so do your own homework,  and 2.) "Read the manual"  is a very good and obvious solution to most of the problems that get posted on here.  And the truth is,  the same basic questions get asked by new users who not only do not bother to read the manual,  clearly they don't even bother to read anything on the forum other than the question they posted.  Google has ruined curiousity.  Ask Google,  usually get an answer.  And they think the forum is they same way.  These people probably will never become active forum users,  and also will probably crash and blame Dji.    Just my opinion.

Isn't that the point of a forum.. to get quick information.. is this kind of dialogue that just makes for more useless dialogue.. simple question but everyone is too cool to answer. ??
2017-3-17
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

It means it does not have GPS lock.  You need to wait a few seconds before takeoff for it to lock on to the satalites.
2017-3-17
Use props
fans356f81b3
lvl.1
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-14 13:56

@ Kneepuck.  Perhaps the manual is FILLED with redundant information!  So simply asking a question in the forum is a better and faster idea.  Especially for "Hands-On" pilots who don't want to search for hours on forums, for an answer that can be solved with "One" single respectable forum member!

Just sayin.  Our first obligation here, is to help other members who are having problems with their drones, and do NOT know the appropriate page to look for help.  Have you read your DMV handbook back to front?  I'm going to go out on a limb here and answer for you.  The answer is a resounding and  unequivocally answer.  NO!

Can't we all just help out, instead of bashing other members looking for help?

SMDH
2017-4-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans356f81b3 Posted at 2017-4-16 19:14
@ Kneepuck.  Perhaps the manual is FILLED with redundant information!  So simply asking a question in the forum is a better and faster idea.  Especially for "Hands-On" pilots who don't want to search for hours on forums, for an answer that can be solved with "One" single respectable forum member!

Just sayin.  Our first obligation here, is to help other members who are having problems with their drones, and do NOT know the appropriate page to look for help.  Have you read your DMV handbook back to front?  I'm going to go out on a limb here and answer for you.  The answer is a resounding and  unequivocally answer.  NO!

'@ Kneepuck.  Perhaps the manual is FILLED with redundant information!  So simply asking a question in the forum is a better and faster idea.  Especially for "Hands-On" pilots who don't want to search for hours on forums, for an answer that can be solved with "One" single respectable forum member!'

No one on this forum has to be here, is paid to provide help or needs to waste their time answering the same old questions over and over. There are some questions that are asked, on average, twice a week, and the answers to them can be found by doing a search. New posters need to understand that this is a self-help forum, they will not always be answered by a paid DJI employee, more like a non-paid member who is giving their time and knowledge for free.

Perhaps the 'respect' goes the other way, show some respect by showing some initiative and doing a search for the answer before asking someone's help.
2017-4-16
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

not trying to be rude but have you even read the manual?
2017-4-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

The laughable thing here is that this thread was originally started over one year ago.  Then "fans1e15c3f0" noticed it last month and pointed out that this forum is supposed to give quick answers.  
Suddenly, we have a major discussion going about how forums should help those who are too excited to read the manual.  If the original poster had known that he'd have to wait over one year to get some of the great advice of the last few hours, he could have better spent the time reading the manual.  By the by, I have no sympathy for anyone who does NOT read the manual.  Just so everybody knows which side I'm on.
2017-4-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules