DJI app repeatedly saying "Atti Mode" - What does that mean?
123Next >
72449 82 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DiverDan
lvl.1

United States

I was reading another thread, and saw the term ATTI.  I had no idea what that meant.  I am in the research phase and haven't even bought my drone yet.  I Googled ATTI and it brought me here.  Thank you to those who answered patiently.  No, I haven't read the manual yet because I haven't chose my model yet.  In the "learning curve" so to speak.  I've been a member of many forums from camping to scuba to cars.  There will always be those who are willing to help newbies and people who get irritated by the same questions over and over.  I've been on both ends.  If I get irritated by the same repetitive questions, I scroll on by and let someone else answer.
2017-4-28
Use props
8Blue Wolf8
lvl.1

Australia

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-2-14 10:43
Like others said, it would do you a LOT of good to read everything you can about these things.    They are so easy to fly that monst people probably just charge it and fly (basically), but it's like buying a new car with tons of features but you never use them because you never took the time to learn how they work.

And yes, ATTI mode occurs if you select it withthe toggle switch on the controller or if you do not have good GPS lock.

Unless you are flying atti mode of course lol
2017-4-30
Use props
fans356f81b3
lvl.1
United States

mike.wildlight Posted at 2016-2-15 22:44
Nicely said.
Rarely is derision an appropriate educational tool. Pretty easy to either answer or smile and wave as you click on by...
(pre-post edit- I really just wanted to show some appreciation for the level-headed response you made daviskw2004 but apparently I needed to vent and ended up with the diatribe below).

Thank you!  Thank you!  And again, THANK YOU!!!
Could NOT have said it better myself!
This is EXACTLY how I feel about helping others.
I'm a Roofing Contractor (33 years now).  
Wonder if a homeowner asked me for help on their roof and
I just told them "Read the Frickin package, if you need to figure out
how to roof, you idiot!".
Pretty sure I would have been in business for all of 6 months (At best).

The Human Race saddens me, these days.
You sir, are a shining light in the darkness.

Again,
Thanks.

2017-5-22
Use props
fans356f81b3
lvl.1
United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-2-15 12:55
I venture that the older we are the less patience we have,   We have seen and answered many of the same questions over and over.  It may be that we have less time remaining on this earth and want to make the best use of it!  Or NOT.   LOL

Perhaps, those with less patience should  scroll past a question that has been answered, until someone with a little patience left can answer the question.
Just saying.
Politeness goes a lot farther than rudeness.
2017-5-22
Use props
fans356f81b3
lvl.1
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-5-22
Use props
Morcham0812
New
Flight distance : 88750 ft
United States

Gabe R Posted at 2016-2-14 10:22
Please read the manual front to back 5 times and then backwards 3. Then watch all the tutorial videos on the forum and website as well especially everything about RTH. This is a very advanced piece of machinery and if you don't read everything you will end up crashing it and blaming DJI for your mistakes.

Some of us don't have the time to sit around and read the manual.We got jobs and responsibilities that take up the majority of our time.That read the manual response is getting real old! I get on here for quick answers If you can't ask questions on here,Then what's this forum for?
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Morcham0812 Posted at 2017-5-22 15:14
Some of us don't have the time to sit around and read the manual.We got jobs and responsibilities that take up the majority of our time.That read the manual response is getting real old! I get on here for quick answers If you can't ask questions on here,Then what's this forum for?

It's primarily to provide assistance to issues when all reading material, like the manual, and the DJI YouTube channels have been exhausted.

While reading the manual in its entirety is imperative, "control+F" (WIN) or "command+F" (MAC) is a great way to search for keywords in the manual quickly.
2017-5-22
Use props
Pocket Sized
lvl.1

United States

It's worth mentioning WHY the warning is there in the first place...

In ATTI mode, your stick inputs simply command a certain "tilt" angle. This means that the drone will NOT hold position using GPS and won't adhere to the same speed limits.

This is important because you're expecting to have GPS assistance, and it's not there. In high wind conditions this could be very, very bad... so the software screams at you about it. Good thinking by DJI.
2017-5-24
Use props
DarbyDrone
New
United States

Please read the manual front to back 5 times and then backwards 3. Then watch all the tutorial videos on the forum and website as well especially everything about RTH. This is a very advanced piece of machinery and if you don't read everything you will end up crashing it and blaming DJI for your mistakes.

You might consider that to a newbe this all can be very overwhelming.  A quick answer from someone experienced cab do a lot to help someone just learning.  I was getting the same message and wasn't able to find the answer either.  Probably was there but wasn't easy to find.  Now I know it's probably a GPS signal problem.  There's another thing I think you should consider.  If you don't want to help someone who has asked a question you have heard a million times, DON'T REPLY!
2017-5-25
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Be sure you read V1.8, as DJI still has the old v1.2 for download and it is missing some important information.  
2017-5-25
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-14 16:06
In my case I don't think it's a matter of too little satellites or interference. Mine will yell out two or three times but not until after the drone has gone through it's warm up stage and "Safe to Fly" modes. This happens out in the middle of a field with nothing around for at least a mile and last time with 17 satellites which I thought was a bit much! Really, 17 satellites, who's watching me?

Just because your out in the middle of nowhere, don't forget there is stuff buried underground that could be interfering with your signal too.
2017-5-29
Use props
VegasFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231555 ft
United States

As I'm waiting for my Phantom 3 Advanced, I thought I'd pop by here to see what the forum is like. My immediate thought on this thread (and I've read all of it) is "If you don't like the question, then don't answer it!". I'm 56 and I taught myself the basics of electronics a little over 40 years ago. I was an Air Force Air Traffic Controller back in the early 80's and I've spent 30 years in the computer field. Trust me, telling people to simply RTFM will upset most, drive away lurkers, and reflect poorly upon the respondent. Rule #1: The MAJORITY of people are not as technically inclined as some of us here. That's just all there is to it. To expect otherwise is simply arrogant and asinine. If you are not paid to answer the questions here, then perhaps you shouldn't feel compelled to do so. Yes, reading the manual is essential, but it does not, and will not, replace the practical experience of those who have flown for hundreds of hours. I suspect for most people this is a new area for them and perhaps they have a problem grasping some of the explanations and concepts. This is NOT their fault and they should not be treated like children.

2017-6-20
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

VegasFlyer Posted at 2017-6-20 03:03
As I'm waiting for my Phantom 3 Advanced, I thought I'd pop by here to see what the forum is like. My immediate thought on this thread (and I've read all of it) is "If you don't like the question, then don't answer it!". I'm 56 and I taught myself the basics of electronics a little over 40 years ago. I was an Air Force Air Traffic Controller back in the early 80's and I've spent 30 years in the computer field. Trust me, telling people to simply RTFM will upset most, drive away lurkers, and reflect poorly upon the respondent. Rule #1: The MAJORITY of people are not as technically inclined as some of us here. That's just all there is to it. To expect otherwise is simply arrogant and asinine. If you are not paid to answer the questions here, then perhaps you shouldn't feel compelled to do so. Yes, reading the manual is essential, but it does not, and will not, replace the practical experience of those who have flown for hundreds of hours. I suspect for most people this is a new area for them and perhaps they have a problem grasping some of the explanations and concepts. This is NOT their fault and they should not be treated like children.

Well said!

What really gets me is those who have posted in the past how they have learned so much by reading the forums but they want to tell others to Read the Manual..

2017-6-20
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read the manual.
2017-6-20
Use props
ruggb
lvl.2
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-14 15:10
Except that with the latest surge of new owners it seems like many want to be spoon fed answers rather than help themselves first. The problem is that many questions asked here lately are ones that could be easily answered had the person spent a little time aquainting  themselves first  with some basic knowledge. It is not intimidating to ask questions as a new user armed with a little understanding of the device. Many want the quick answer which is also the quickest road to a crashed drone. Which then of course DJI will get the blame for.

I wondered why it kept saying Atti Mode at first too. Except I had read the manual and studied the app to know what Atti Mode was and then looked at my number of GPS satellites. From there it was easy to deduce. Imagine that!

it was easy to deduce? as a total newbie who has never touched a drone b4 it may be EASY for you. Maybe you should recall the first time you tried to fly. There is a lot that the manual does not say. Having written tech manuals b4, I am well aware of assumptions writers make and DJI has made a lot of them to the heart ache of a newbie. So be gentle next time. If it does not say it, thou shouldn't expect a newbie to deduce it. We appreciate you helping.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans62269914
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195171 ft
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-14 12:18
Cessna172, Nicola90s
Hell of better answer than "just read the manual" Thank you. You phrased that much better and gave them some of the help they were looking for.
I know that they should read the manual, but a little bit help and then pointing them to right direction on reading the manual for more precise information is a far better way to handle this. Or point them to a thread that will help them.

Well said sir!!!!
Thank you!
2017-7-30
Use props
fans62269914
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195171 ft
United States

fans356f81b3 Posted at 2017-4-16 19:14
@ Kneepuck.  Perhaps the manual is FILLED with redundant information!  So simply asking a question in the forum is a better and faster idea.  Especially for "Hands-On" pilots who don't want to search for hours on forums, for an answer that can be solved with "One" single respectable forum member!

Just sayin.  Our first obligation here, is to help other members who are having problems with their drones, and do NOT know the appropriate page to look for help.  Have you read your DMV handbook back to front?  I'm going to go out on a limb here and answer for you.  The answer is a resounding and  unequivocally answer.  NO!

Well said!
2017-7-30
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

ruggb Posted at 2017-7-30 17:33
it was easy to deduce? as a total newbie who has never touched a drone b4 it may be EASY for you. Maybe you should recall the first time you tried to fly. There is a lot that the manual does not say. Having written tech manuals b4, I am well aware of assumptions writers make and DJI has made a lot of them to the heart ache of a newbie. So be gentle next time. If it does not say it, thou shouldn't expect a newbie to deduce it. We appreciate you helping.

You are replying to a post that is over a year old. The answer was in the manual at the time. Perhaps they have changed the information since then. Still, I stand by my comment. A DJI drone is easy to take out of the box and fly. That is not the way one should go about it. One should familiarize themselves first with the manual and watch some of the hundreds of videos available on the internet before wanting easy answers. The more you know first, the better you are at not crashing the thing soon after you get it. The drone is giving you a lot of information as it flies and you need to keep an eye on those things to avoid potential problems.
2017-8-8
Use props
Blue Wolf
New

Australia

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-2-14 10:43
Like others said, it would do you a LOT of good to read everything you can about these things.    They are so easy to fly that monst people probably just charge it and fly (basically), but it's like buying a new car with tons of features but you never use them because you never took the time to learn how they work.

And yes, ATTI mode occurs if you select it withthe toggle switch on the controller or if you do not have good GPS lock.

Unless of course you are planning an atti mode flight.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans70f88ddd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24623 ft
United States

At least  I feel safe with 11 satellites locked ,I use UAV forecast app in order check how safe I'm to fly my Mavic,
2017-8-19
Use props
fans7cb8672f
lvl.1
United States

Atti mode means you don't have enough satelites, you're operating without benefit of GPS positioning.
2017-8-19
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Strange it is, after one and half a year no one has explained what it really means. :-)

Atti, short for Attitude. in Atti mode the AC is supoosed to keep it's height when letting go of the sticks but pilot still have to compensate in order to keep rest of the orientation.
in Atti mode the AC would drift as earth rotate and as the wind and thermal forces push it around. Attitude/height would be maintained by readings of the barometer.

S or Sport mode to my best understanding is also Atti mode but allow more tilt of AC and therefore can gain higher speed.

Then we have GPS aka P-GPS or simply P, short for Position mode, in this mode AC i supossed to stand still in all directions when sticks are released. Position is here maintained by both GPS readings, gyroscope (IMU (Inertial Mesurement Unit))  and barometer.
At the time of this writing, due to the current firmware many experience unstable/unexpected behaviour, i believe P/GPS mode is best to think of as being short for "Phantom fly away", "Possible Disaster", "Personal injury risk" or if near Sea, river, ponds or pools, simply "Phantom goes phising". If thinked at like this, pilot should be a little more one the sticks and prepared for the worst to happen and in that case flip to the Atti mode.

Manual mode, this is no longer possible in the newer models, it is a shame as this had given the possibility to flip over the AC in order to take some great shootings of birds or planes flying above or the downside of bridges and tunnels. :-D
2017-8-20
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-14 12:18
Cessna172, Nicola90s
Hell of better answer than "just read the manual" Thank you. You phrased that much better and gave them some of the help they were looking for.
I know that they should read the manual, but a little bit help and then pointing them to right direction on reading the manual for more precise information is a far better way to handle this. Or point them to a thread that will help them.

I just saw this post. I agree with you 100%.  When I saw that first answer to his post, I thought, "oh crap here we go again.  another belittling thread.  I'll bet this guys is never going to post again."

I, myself, am a very experienced and knowledgeable drone pilot.  But there are times when I would like to ask a simple question, and hope to recieve a quick and civil  answer.  That is not guaranteed on this forum.  Too bad!
2017-8-20
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-20 02:24
Strange it is, after one and half a year no one has explained what it really means. :-)

Atti, short for Attitude. in Atti mode the AC is supoosed to keep it's height when letting go of the sticks but pilot still have to compensate in order to keep rest of the orientation.

Sport mode is nothing like ATTI.  ATTI only tries to maintain the altitude.  There is no obstacle avoidance, no VPS, and no flight assistance whatsoever (except altitude).... The bird will drift even if there is no wind.

Sport mode is just like P mode except the bird is much more nimble and there is no obstacle avoidance.  Because Sport mode is more aggressive than P mode, the bird can hover autonomously in much higher wind.  You can hover over one spot in Sport mode on a windy day until the battery dies.  In ATTI on a windy day you will actually lose weight from the workout your thumbs get while trying to keep the bird from drifting into far away trees.
It is kind of funny to see what happens in ATTI... you can try to fly in a straight line, but your bird will drift sideways simply because of air current, no real wind needed.

I strongly advise everyone to find the biggest open area available and practice flying in ATTI.  You will learn a lot about your bird and gain a new respect how much P&S modes are doing for you.  Getting comfortable with ATTI will also help when you want to fly indoors, under bridges, etc.
2017-8-20
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-20 07:49
"Sport mode is nothing like ATTI."
Thanks for the correction, glad i wrote to my best understanding it is like Atti mode, i have only used S a few times to save time going from A to B. :-)

No Problemo KEDDK...  We are all working together here... it takes a village to keep our drones flying.  :-)
2017-8-20
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-20 07:42
Sport mode is nothing like ATTI.  ATTI only tries to maintain the altitude.  There is no obstacle avoidance, no VPS, and no flight assistance whatsoever (except altitude).... The bird will drift even if there is no wind.

Sport mode is just like P mode except the bird is much more nimble and there is no obstacle avoidance.  You can hover in Sport mode on a windy day until the battery blows up.  In ATTI on a windy day you will actually lose weight from the workout your thumbs get while trying to keep the bird from drifting into far away trees.

"Sport mode is nothing like ATTI."
Thanks for the correction, glad i wrote to my best understanding it is like Atti mode, i have only used S a few times to save time going from A to B. :-)
2017-8-20
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

are you indoors,try out side if not.put toggle in gps mode.you should see problem go away.
2017-8-20
Use props
rreed821
New
Flight distance : 3035 ft
Australia

I have just come across this thread and gone through all the posts.  The question I was seeking answered was "What is ATTI" ?  And the reason for searching is quite simple, the DJI Manuals are very ordinary and lack technical thoroughness.  In any technical documentation there is usually a glossary of terms to explain and provide a x-reference to abbreviations.  I also went through the DJI GO manual with a search for ATTI and only found references to ATTI and attitude (flight attitude angle) but no definitions.  You don't know if ATTI is an abbreviation or an acronym and the explanations should be in the manual.  Somewhat disappointing and quite unprofessional in terms of technical writing that keywords or terms are not properly explained and that such important documents would be released by DJI.
2017-9-15
Use props
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FWIW to those who just gave variations of "RTFM", I can say categorically that this advice is NO use for a Spark user, at least. The manual mentions ATTI mode a number of times, including when it is likely to occur, but NEVER actually defines it! I assume, it just means "Drone flies like a non-GPS remote control aerial vehicle", but it would be very helpful if DJI actually defined the term precisely!

Brian
2017-9-18
Use props
Warren Hardguy
New
Canada

I would love to read the manual, but the one that came with it uses 3pt type
2017-10-5
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Warren Hardguy Posted at 2017-10-5 17:22
I would love to read the manual, but the one that came with it uses 3pt type

Go HERE: http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
Download Manual v1.4, open it and then blow up the font to any point you need to see it...
Enjoy!
2017-10-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

rreed821 Posted at 2017-9-15 09:44
I have just come across this thread and gone through all the posts.  The question I was seeking answered was "What is ATTI" ?  And the reason for searching is quite simple, the DJI Manuals are very ordinary and lack technical thoroughness.  In any technical documentation there is usually a glossary of terms to explain and provide a x-reference to abbreviations.  I also went through the DJI GO manual with a search for ATTI and only found references to ATTI and attitude (flight attitude angle) but no definitions.  You don't know if ATTI is an abbreviation or an acronym and the explanations should be in the manual.  Somewhat disappointing and quite unprofessional in terms of technical writing that keywords or terms are not properly explained and that such important documents would be released by DJI.

The product is made in China, and it is what it is. How many products made in China can you name that have comprehensive, clear manuals?

But if you come here and ask the question, as long as you don't strike someone in a bad mood who wants to tell you to 'Read The Friggin Manual', you might get a good clear explanation.

So, as I am not in a crappy mood, I will give it a try: The aircraft has 3 modes of operation, P for Position Mode, A for Attitude Mode (or 'atti' mode) and F for Function mode.

The normal flight mode is P mode, selected by the switch on the RC unit. In this mode, all automatic navigation devices are active. But if the reception of the GPS receiver is poor for any reason, and the GPS system cannot get a decent positional fix, the aircraft will automatically switch to A mode. This is when the box bitch announces 'Warning, atti mode'. When this happens, the aircraft effectively shuts off all it's sophisticated positioning systems except the barometric height positioning mode. I have always suspected that the manual description of ATTI mode being 'attitude' mode, really is 'altitude' mode. Because that's all that is now controlled by the aircraft's control system. The aircraft is no longer held in position in space, all it will do is stay at the same height. But this also means it is completely at the mercy of any winds, and may simply drift away and disappear.

As a result of this, new pilots very frequently mistake this drifting away as the magic 'FLYAWAY' that they have heard about on dozens of forums, direct from the lips of other pilots who don't know what is happening either. But the truth is, it is not flying away, you are simply failing to control it. The trick that comes with experience, is to recognise this, and fly the aircraft back towards you and land it manually.

Instead, many new pilots just stand there in disbelief and watch their aircraft vanish from view, because they have not practised manual flying to deal with this occurrence. And the vast majority of them also panic and hit the Return To Home button, then watch in dismay as it does absolutely nothing. Why? Because the aircraft lost GPS reception, and without it, it cannot RTH, and it has no idea where home is.

Fortunately a total loss of GPS signals is very rare, and may be caused by momentary flying near to something that blocks the aircraft's view of the sky, so the GPS system signals 'loss of position' to the aircraft's automatic control system, meanwhile it sets about looking for return of the signal and then obtaining a new positional fix. Due to the nature of the GPS system, this may take some time, and the aircraft remains in ATTI mode while this is happening. This can often be quite long enough for the aircraft to drift out of sight.

As well as the loss of GPS reception, another component can trigger an automatic switch to ATTI mode, and that is a compass error. Despite what many think, a compass error does not usually occur because you flew near a hulking great lump of steel or iron, although if you got really, really close to it, that might happen. But if you were that close, you should be more concerned about hitting it. The compass error is more likely caused because when you took off on your flight you departed from an object that contained iron or steel. The most common suspect in this is concrete full of rebar, although some people think it is good to launch from the roof of a car (bad! Bad!).

Finally, there are several other errors that can cause the switch to ATTI, but they are relatively rare. Such as the mysterious 'Yaw Error' that is only really understood by Bigfoot, and also when a P4 decides that its dual compasses are in conflict with each other.

So, in summary, when you hear the box bitch yelling 'Warning, atti mode', take a look at your screen, as it should be displaying a warning as to what is causing the trouble. Whatever, stay calm and manually fly the aircraft back to you and land.

2017-10-5
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djordan2 Posted at 2017-8-20 05:57
I just saw this post. I agree with you 100%.  When I saw that first answer to his post, I thought, "oh crap here we go again.  another belittling thread.  I'll bet this guys is never going to post again."

I, myself, am a very experienced and knowledgeable drone pilot.  But there are times when I would like to ask a simple question, and hope to recieve a quick and civil  answer.  That is not guaranteed on this forum.  Too bad!

Agreed, this forum is only for the pros, that already knows everything, besides we also have Google, so this forum is kind of pointless, right? ;)
I know it sounds surrealistic, but sometimes after reading the manual back and forth, even using the search function, there are often things you wont find the answer to, and when you get here, then some dozen people repeatedly keep telling you, RTFM cause it sounds so cool, and it probably generates up to 1 or 2 pages alone.
How about a new rule to improve this forum? "if you have no useful info to provide, dont provide it" Then we could probably reduce the pages with at least 50%.
Having 50 posts saying RTFM is not very useful, not to mention how hard it is to read up on topics, that youre suppose to do before asking silly questions.
Just a suggestion...
2017-10-5
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-10-5 22:19
Agreed, this forum is only for the pros, that already knows everything, besides we also have Google, so this forum is kind of pointless, right? ;)
I know it sounds surrealistic, but sometimes after reading the manual back and forth, even using the search function, there are often things you wont find the answer to, and when you get here, then some dozen people repeatedly keep telling you, RTFM cause it sounds so cool, and it probably generates up to 1 or 2 pages alone.
How about a new rule to improve this forum? "if you have no useful info to provide, dont provide it" Then we could probably reduce the pages with at least 50%.

While I will agree with you, but only to a point and a fine point at that, there is no such thing as the perfect forum.  Also, as Geebax stated the DJI manuals are left wanting and that I agree with too.
However, in this case if there is anything that the manual will explain it is the three modes that you have available to fly with, which includes ATTI Mode.  
Therefore, reading the manual WILL greatly reduce the number of posts here, as you would prefer.  Then we ALL can focus on sharing, learning, & communicating about our hobby/profession.  This would include covering all the areas that the manual does not cover or clearly explain along with all the other areas that we have not explored as individuals and as a group.
Lastly, I'll also agree with you that there are some here that are not very user friendly, however, there are plenty of folks who are and they know what they are talking about.  Wherever you go in any forum you will have butt heads and nar-do-wells, it's the human race as flawed as we are.  
2017-10-5
Use props
storm10
lvl.1
Sweden

Yea, but why does the drone flip over from GPS-P  to ATTI mode, instead of flying back home?
2017-11-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

storm10 Posted at 2017-11-26 10:13
Yea, but why does the drone flip over from GPS-P  to ATTI mode, instead of flying back home?

RTFM ;-) If you have done but didn't find the answer then at least read the previous post's before asking once more, just a little above your question you'll find the answer in a great reply.

It can't fly home as it has lost GPS possition and thereby tell you it now fly in Atti mode.
2017-11-27
Use props
Doctodd
lvl.1
United States

You should consider that a forum is to help people with the drone. I have experienc  flying drones and R/C aircraft, but this drone has more to it than ones I have flown previously and I get the complicated nature of the machine, however, it's not too difficult to try and help each other with our experiences.
2018-1-13
Use props
Chris Wolfard
New

United States

Here is a pretty good explanation:  https://www.tomstechtime.com/atti-mode
2018-2-14
Use props
fans0c2e82a9
lvl.1
United States

ATTI Mode means the drone will not use the GPS Signal to keep the drone from drifting away. The drone will enter this mode if there is no GPS signal or if the drone is set to ATTI Mode.
2018-2-24
Use props
fans5d0461da
lvl.1

Australia

P3_Nutz Posted at 2016-2-14 10:35
Mine keeps saying ATTI mode too although it's not in ATTI mode? I just thought it was a glitch with the software.

Hi , did you ever find out why? Mine does the same and the return to home isn’t working either. All my settings are right !!
2018-11-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules