Trouble with repaired gimbal re-installed on Vision+
1523 5 2015-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
captdkp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Hope someone has a suggestion on this one.  Sent in my camera and gimbal from my Vision to DJI for repair.  It was under warranty and was repaired without charge.  I did have to wait for 7 weeks to get it back, but hey, I read many horror stories and feel lucky I had no trouble with the repair being covered without cost.

I did re-install the gimbal upon arrival.  The camera tilts up and down through the use of the app.  However, the gimbal does not work properly when phantom is tilted left and right.  When Phantom is tilted left, camera does not stay level and will tilt hard left with phantom.  Same when tilted to the right.

I have written DJI twice but have received no response.  I am in need of this to work properly soon.  I have needed this unit on several occasions for the past few weeks and have several requests for service.

Any suggestions??

Thanks for your time.

2015-1-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Turn off "FPV" in the Vision app.
Short and sweet, but will fix your issue and save you reading the manual...
2015-1-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

In your phone APP check in your settings and make sure your FPV mode is turned off.
2015-1-5
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

Thanks John and Gerry.  Maybe I was not very specific.  It is the Vision+ unit and not the regular Vision.  Does it make a difference?
2015-1-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

captdkp Posted at 2015-1-8 04:55
Thanks John and Gerry.  Maybe I was not very specific.  It is the Vision+ unit and not the regular V ...

When you are connected to the camera with the DJI app on your phone, go to settings and scroll down to FPV, if that is turned on, turn it off and your camera will stay level.
2015-1-7
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Gerry. I tried that and even without the use of the app, gimbal will not stay level. I finally got in contact with dji and have been given an RMA to return the unit. They advised that since it was just repaired and covered by warranty, they would expedite this issue and get it back to me quickly. Ill let you know how it works out.
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules