Charging hub killed 3 batteries
1424 13 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jason.jasonplat
New

United Kingdom

Inspire 1 batteries.
just gone back to check on 3 batteries in the charging hub, all 3 had small amounts of charge when inserted in the hub and now none of them will turn on or show charging state with button. Anyone else had this issue?

Any ideas?
2016-2-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry Jason

I am not a fan of the battery charging hub. I know they had a firmware update for the hub. Have you completed the firmware update?
Take one of the batteries and try charging it on the stock power supply. See if you get the charing leds to cycle..  If you do not get and LED lights, after you plug it into your power supply start the battery by pressing the power button once and then twice. Sometimes this will kick start the battery into charging mode.

Hope this helps

Rich
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jason
For how long have you left the batteries on a charge?
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please contact your local DJI service center about this issue, you probably will have to get your batteries replaced...
Also you need to update the charging hub firmware for future use...
2016-2-14
Use props
jasonplato
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-15 04:27
Please contact your local DJI service center about this issue, you probably will have to get your ba ...

Hi,

The batteries were on charge all day. Please can you advise local service centre near Oxford, UK
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you know if you have updated the Hub, there's an update from last year that fixes leaving the batteris in the Hub for extended periods of time.
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads
On the right side under "Software and Drivers"
Charging Hub Upgrader v1.1
2015-09-09

And also try a battery calibration with the stock stock charger and that may bring them back to life.
2016-2-18
Use props
technologymedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27192 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-19 00:27
Do you know if you have updated the Hub, there's an update from last year that fixes leaving the bat ...

@jason.jasonplat I recently had the Inspire 1 Battery Charging Hub kill three batteries as well.  The charging hub was running latest firmware version 1.1.  Batteries affected were one (1) TB47 4500mAh battery and two (2) TB48 5700mAh batteries running latest firmware. Charging took place in a cool humidity-free environment.  They charged for approximately 8 hours when I noticed the batteries were "bulging".  Hub was connected to a UPS/surge protector and no other connected electronics were affected.

I am currently working with DJI to resolve the issue and will provide an update.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

technologymedia Posted at 2016-7-19 00:29
@jason.jasonplat I recently had the Inspire 1 Battery Charging Hub kill three batteries as well.   ...

That is strange, I've never heard of that before, I'm sure they'll have you send in the HUB to be tested.
2016-7-18
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

technologymedia Posted at 2016-7-18 12:29
@jason.jasonplat I recently had the Inspire 1 Battery Charging Hub kill three batteries as well.   ...

Good thing you caught that before they ruptured. That is a nightmare {:4_154:}
2016-7-18
Use props
jlarcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6827749 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you update the hub with a Mac?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jlarcher@me.com Posted at 2016-7-19 07:51
How do you update the hub with a Mac?

Unfortunately, there is only a Windows version of the Charging Hub Upgrader. There is not a MAC version available.
2016-7-19
Use props
technologymedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27192 ft
United States

DJI's latest response with regard to the issue:

"We really apologize for the unfortunate event that happened with your devices, however upon checking for your proof of purchase for your units, we have verified that it is already out of warranty. and it will cost you more if you will send it for repair rather than buying the replacement batteries.

Thank you for your understanding!"
2016-7-23
Use props
Andy.Deveney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 640200 ft
United States

This response seems typical from my experience with the company. Good luck.
2016-7-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

technologymedia Posted at 2016-7-23 09:53
DJI's latest response with regard to the issue:

"We really apologize for the unfortunate event that ...

Before investing in DJI products make sure you have deep pockets.
2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules