Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2016-2-21 19:11
It's very clear that these issues are extremely rare and while they are devastating to the few that are affected, we need to be careful not to suggest they are widespread.  

From what I've seen DJI hasn't ever abandoned a customer.  Sometimes it takes a frustratingly long time to achieve resolution but look at the impossible position DJI are in.  All someone needs to say is "flyaway" and DJI have to  separate real issues from pilot error.  

It would seem that for the most part Matt's issue was with customer service & Communication  or the lack of it. I do understand that DJI has to protect itself from False claims but does that mean that we should all accept this level of service after paying $5000+ for equipment?
Unlike most inspire 2 owners for me this is a hobby something i do on the weekends but for most of you its how you make your living So I do believe it unacceptable that DJI should use " rise in popularity  " as excuse for bad customer service.
2017-5-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9a7c0aa0 Posted at 2017-3-22 16:26
Hello everyone! I have a question. Does the Inspire 1 V2 have dual IMU's and dual compasses like the P4? It seems we hardly hear about flyaways of the P4's in comparison to the P3 and below.  I would really like an Inspire they've always just looked so slick to me BUT if the P4 pro has twice the technology, it makes it a hard decision. Also does the Inspire 2 have the dual IMU's and Compass? Thanks!

From what I can find on the Inspire 2 and it does not have 2 compasses. It has dual IMU, Barometries, batteries and motor signal control.

^ Reliability has been further enhanced through dual redundancy of key modules such as the IMU and barometer. The intelligent flight control system monitors the redundancy system, giving it accurate flight data.

^ The new obstacle sensing system helps the Inspire 2 sense and avoid obstacles, minimizing the risk of collision.

^ Dual batteries mean that if a problem occurs on one battery the other is able to continue flight long enough for a safe landing. At the same time, the Inspire 2 propulsion system is driven a PWM signal with serial port signal redundancy so that if PWM signals are lost, transmission will continue through the serial port.

^ This propulsion system has been tested for thousands of hours to ensure reliability, when combined with key sensors and a dual-battery design, overall flight reliability is significantly enhanced.

The Inspire 1 does not have dual IMU, compasses, barometers or batteries. It has been totally awesome for me this past 15 months

Rich

2017-5-14
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fansbd6a50d4 Posted at 2017-5-13 09:55
I just experienced a fly away and loss of my Inspire 1 after installing a new Zenmuse3 zoom lens and updating the craft and camera. It's a  horrible feeling and now I'm at a  loss of both the craft and a brand new NINE HUNDRED DOLLAR LENS!

Wow, very sorry to hear about this , did you happen  to have your name and Phone number on the AC ?   In hopes that you do find it in the future be sure to get  a Trackimo device for your Aircraft , it is about 200 dollars and is well worth it .  After my fly away of a Chroma Blade I purchased one and it gives me some peace of mind.  Once again sorry it happened , perhaps look in the papeer at lost and found  or visit a hobby shop , they may get wind if someone finds it .

donnie
trackimo.jpg
2017-5-15
Use props
fans9a7c0aa0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

fansbd6a50d4 Posted at 2017-5-13 09:55
I just experienced a fly away and loss of my Inspire 1 after installing a new Zenmuse3 zoom lens and updating the craft and camera. It's a  horrible feeling and now I'm at a  loss of both the craft and a brand new NINE HUNDRED DOLLAR LENS!

I have so sorry for you... don't know what else to say
2017-5-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

It is also true that my dji go app crashes all the time even I reboot my phone everytime for the app. My phone is moto z play. Once it crashes, the flight record will be gone too. I can't really game enough to let it fly out of sight.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules