Step up ring for filters? P3A/P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennylajeunesse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186526 ft
Canada

I can't find anything via google search.

Does anyone make an adapter ring for the Phantom 3 Adv/Pro?  I have various filters already.  An adapter ring to 37mm or 52mm would be great!
2016-2-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AFAIK, no-one is making step up rings. In any event, not a good idea as larger filters will upset the balance of the gimbal by placing weight of the front of the already balanced camera.
2016-2-14
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, putting a 52mm filter on will cause all sorts of problems.  Buy the right filters & save money that way.
2016-2-14
Use props
dennylajeunesse
lvl.1
Canada

Yes, but there are already filters on the market for the p3 that are in essence 37mm filters with either a dji thread mount or a push on.  52mm might be to heavy, but I did see it on a Vison 2. I have a few filters that are ultrathin.  Have to weigh them.  Wasn't really counting on the 52's to work but it looks like 37's would be fine.

2016-2-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

dennylajeunesse Posted at 2016-2-15 18:19
Yes, but there are already filters on the market for the p3 that are in essence 37mm filters with ei ...

The DJI filters that fit the Advanced or Pro Phantom replace the front filter on the camera, so they do not add any weight to the camera. The slip on ones are very light.
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'd recommend  not to use any set up rings, to avoid gimbal vibrations or overlad
2016-2-15
Use props
Denwa
lvl.1
Canada

since a push on filter is a 37mm i wouldnt think it would matter.  
2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules